worried-high blood pressure, stress test resutls ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

worried-high blood pressure, stress test resutls ? worried-high blood pressure, stress test resutls ?

Unread 04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
worried-high blood pressure, stress test resutls ?

I have a supra cervical labroscopic (davinci) hysterectomy scheduled. This might turn into an abdominal hysterectomy during the surgery. Needless to say, I am pretty scared, especially since the date is coming closer.
I just found out, that I have high blood pressure (especially when stressed, and during excercise). I have chest pains in the heart area since years. My Gyn ordered a stress test ( with radioactive injection). The stress test went well as far as heart function, but my blood pressure went up way high, during the nuclear testing it appeared that my heart did not receive enough blood in one area. The doctors think that this might be a false positive (have a lot of breast tissue in the way). I went to get a second opinion from a cardiologist who did agree with the intial acessment. Now, I might need blood pressure meds ( possible before the surgery). The cardiologist thought that I do not need to worry about a higher risk at the time of the surgery, but told me that he could of cause not guaranty anything. Somehow, this did not put me at ease. He told me that he would follow up in June after my surgery. Since the stress test/nuclear results were not completely conclusive, he suggested a possible heart cathederization (but did not think that I absolutely need to have this done), but did not feel it necessary before the surgery.
Did anyone here have the surgery done with blood pressure issues/ heart problems?
Now, I am so scared, I think I have chest pains all the time (seems like a case of the nevers).

Katrin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Re: worried-high blood pressure, stress test resutls ?

I did. I have been hypertensive for years, and still am. My doc had me stop my medication the day before surgery, then they restarted it the day after and I had no ill effects. Talk with your doctor about your nerves. They will work with the situation. I also have a heart murmur, but neither of those were issues during my surgery. Both the surgeon and anesthesiologist were aware and they worked together. Again, talk to your doctor about it, and talk about ways that you can stay calm. Re-focus your thoughts with music or meditation or short walks. It can really work in addition to any support your doctor can give. I wish you well, and please know that you're in my thoughts--

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register