1 week post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post-op 1 week post-op

Unread 03-30-2001, 02:22 PM
1 week post-op

Hi to all MY HYSTER SISTERS

The waiting was the worst. Thanks to my H(handsome) DDR. and this WEB SITE I went into surgery calmly, with NO FEARS
Fri, 3/23/ 01

Arrived at the castel at 10 a.m. for 12 p.m. surgery. Talked to the GYN (tool). Surgery was less than 2hrs. While Hubby, 2 Sons, 1 Daughter, 1 Daughter-in-law all waited for me to come out of recovery. Great Support team!!
Before I left the recovery room I got to see that ugly very large fibroid, before it was sent to the path. lab.
I wanted to see for myself just how big it was and to say good bye to that old trouble maker.
Was taken to my room after that . It was a semi. I had the BEST room mate (DH). They offered him the bed and He jumped at the chance. We both felt more comfortable about the first night after the surgery. I also think that it helped with the speed of my recovery. I had no sick stomach, or dizziness, fever or any other bad reaction.
3/24/01
Next morn the bladder cath was removed. I was allowed liquids. Dh went to get me fresh made coffee and brought back a thormas full Drank a lot of juice and coffee all day. Took two hall walks. Had only motrin for pain this day. Had light evening meal. DH went home for the 2nd night. Still only motrin for pain. Didn't need any thing more.
3/25/01
DH arrived early with more fresh coffee. Had a meal with me. Took a walk down the hall Had a shower. Made me feel good. DH left for awhile so I could rest. Which I did. Then DH was back , we walked the halls. A nurse stoped us and asked if I would like to go home. YEAH! YEAH! DR come about 7:30 p.m. Looked at my belly, asked few ???s Said GO HOME.

I had exellent care from all the care givers. Was treated like a

Glad to be on the mend. Can't believe just how good I feel. The worst is all over.

Best of luck and good wishes to all LIW.

Lolubu
TAH/BSO 3/23/01 uglu very large fibroid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2001, 02:28 PM
Glad you are home

Lolubu,
Sounds like everyone took good care of you...including YOU!! I am so mad at myself...I didn't even THINK to ask to see my lumpy and big uterus...I really missed out.

Now, REST, REST, and...REST!!

My very best to you...
Unread 03-30-2001, 02:45 PM
1 week post-op

Welcome home Lolubu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2001, 04:19 PM
1 week post-op

Welcome home!! Your an inspiration to the rest of us in "waitng"!! Rest up! enjoy your princess status!

Mary
4/10/01 is the day for me.
Unread 03-30-2001, 04:45 PM
1 week post-op

All good news. Congratulations and welcome home!

Kim
Unread 03-30-2001, 07:55 PM
1 week post-op

WELCOME HOME LOLUBU!!!!
I have great support group gonna be there too!
Tuesday april3.TVH
Your stay sounds DREAMY...hope mine will be as good!
Stay down let them continue to take care of the princess after all I've heard recovery isnt as bad as it seems...hehehehe
Unread 03-30-2001, 08:37 PM
So glad you're doing well!

Lolubu -

I'm SO glad to hear things went well and that you're doing great! My best to you for a speedy recovery.

And one more thing.... thank you so much for posting a positive message. I can't tell you how reassuring it is to read something like this to calm you down while you wait. But then again, I guess you do know!

Joni

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register