Abd Pain Yrs after hyster!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abd Pain Yrs after hyster!!!! Abd Pain Yrs after hyster!!!!

Unread 11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Abd Pain Yrs after hyster!!!!

Has anyone had a problem with onset abdominal pain years after their hysterectomy? I still have my ovaries and just thought something was going on with my left one, but CT scans, MRI's, ultrasounds, and pelvic exams are telling me that nothing is wrong. I am in a tremendous amount of pain that has been ongoing for over 4 months in the area of my left ovary and mid back area. I don't know what else to do but I know I can't continue in this much pain. I have had 3 C-sections and the hysterectomy over the last 20 years but never any pain like this. I also do not go to the doctor and have a high tolerance for pain but I have had to try all these test to determine the cause. I am beginning to be very concerned about this. It is affecting every aspect of my life. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or experiences that may help. Thanks so much!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2005, 09:27 PM

I used to have really bad abdominal pain. My dr. went in to do an exploratory and my whole abdominal cavity was filled with adhesions. I had a c-section in 2000 and in April of this year was when I had the adhesion surgery. The dr just went in and clipped the adhesions,
freeing up my organs that were stuck together. CT, ultrasound didn't show the adhesions.
Good luck to you.
Unread 11-23-2005, 10:00 PM

I'm thinking possibly/probably adhesions.
It wouldnt be unusual for you to be suffering from adhesions after having c-sections and a hysterectomy.

stay well
diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2005, 06:59 AM

Thank you for your responses. I mentioned adhesions to my OB/GYN on one of the first Dr. visits and she said it would not start years after the hysterectomy. Has anyone had it start up years later? I am scheduled to see a surgeon next and I am not sure about it. I feel better knowing that your CT and ultrasound didn't show the adhesions either. I have never had any trouble in this area until now and I am so depressed and frustrated about it. Thanks for your advice.
Unread 11-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Adhesion pain can start anytime. I personally started feeling adhesion pain within 2 weeks of my hysterectomy. I had them removed 8 months later and started feeling them again at 3 months.
Some people never had pain, others have excruciating pain. Its very individual like anything else.

stay well
diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register