Doward Fall | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-17-2001, 11:07 AM
Doward Fall

Does anyone else seem to get crazy as their date approches? On Monday (10/22) I begin my prep for surgery on 10/24. I'm trying to get everything covered at work as well as at home. I am even going to tell my dh where the life insurance policy's are at just in case. I'm going crazy..... I keep asking people the same questions over and over.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2001, 11:45 AM
Doward Fall

Yes I'm very much on edge today, ready to cry any moment. My surgery is the 25 and I had my pre-op on the 12. I just have to get a clearance from my family Dr. on the 19.
I've been busy cleaning, cooking and shopping for Christmas presents because I may not be able to shop later on. This is the pits I've known this was going to happen back in August and had to wait all this time so I've had good days and bad.
My dh had to come down with a headcold yesterday and I told him he better not give it to me, I won't be able to have this TAH BSO done if I do. I don't think I could take another wait.

bjmc

Barbara J.
Unread 10-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Downward Fall

Hey this all sounds familiar! My big day is tomorrow. Yesterday I asked my dhe
(darling hubby equivalent) the same question several times! My short term memory
is fried! I know this is what happens when I am under stress, but, yesterday I
became a terrible clutz. I crashed into things, knocked a 12 pack of cokes on my foot
and dropped and spilled things I was cooking all over the kitchen. I don't usually do
this!! I am blaming it on nerves and stress, and know it will get better tomorrow.
After all, there are no 12 packs in the hospital!

SAH/BSO Uterine fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2001, 12:35 PM
Oh yes! Downward fall as well!

Dear lc0719:

Yes, I am about to go nuts and take everyone around me along as well. My date is Nov. 1st and I have been trying to prepare for weeks now. Thinking that if I just took a week off it all I would feel better but now the date is creeping up and my "To do list" is still there w/ not much accomplished! I hired a lady to clean 1 day a week last week and she was HORRIBLE! Did not iron, did not do laundry, hide things in the closets! I now have to find another and my 10 yr. old just told me she has a Halloween party until 9pm on Halloween nite. I have to be to the hospital the next morning at 6am for my 7am surgery and take my 2 yr. old trick or treating that nite also. I am freaking out, am trying to plan everything at work to cover the year end mess and everything at home and plan my daughter's b-day party this weekend and try to cover myself in the Girl Scout meetings etc....when all along I should be worrying more about ME right? I plan to cover as uch as I can but it is hard. It is crazy and I am starting to think that I am not going to get it all done and oh well! DH and kids will have to do more huh? So, I feel for you and I know what you're going through. Sorry, I really needed to let that all out!

Best of luck to you.....
Unread 10-17-2001, 01:29 PM
surgeries jitters

My surgery is two weeks from today, and I am worried each day more and more -- will I get ill? How will the anesthesia affect me, and the surgery indeed? And how will my kiddos and DH handle the household? Yes, it is so good to visit here and know others have these same worries and concerns and forgetfullness and jumpiness, ETC as I do as I await my day. I almost wish they'd call and say, we can take you tomorrow. Well, sort of....
Blessings to all of you lovely ladies... and soon to by hystersisters.
Unread 10-17-2001, 02:07 PM
Doward Fall

Hi. You all sound so normal---the emotions do have a roller coaster ride. The waiting is the worst. Think we handle the idea of surgery differently. Initially, shock, then anger for having to take 6 weeks , worrying about surgery, worrying how one will be without the uterus. I'm now 6 weeks post op---ladies each day gets easier. Starting to wake up feeling refreshed---really can't remember when I wasn't tired. Just remember to treat yourselves like a pampered princess---you take care and soon you too will have taken the castle visit. Good Luck.
Unread 10-17-2001, 02:23 PM
Doward Fall

HiAll,
All sisters in waiting I just wanted to say that Hot glue queen said exactly what I would say, the waiting is the hardest. Afterwards you will rest-rest and rest.
Good luck and take care,
Going
Unread 10-17-2001, 02:31 PM
take care be calm

Hot glueQueen and Going are SO right. Waiting can be tormenting, I was such a mess before my surgery, I even lost it on getting to the castle. PLEASE try to calm yourselves and think positive, I learnt the hard way and letting myself get so traumatised by the whole thing did put my recovery back abit. Know that you WILL get through this and just think positively. You will all get through it, your health will be so much better and you will be left feeling so much better and it will soon be behind you. My very best wishes for you all. We all so know where you are all coming from, but know you will be fine.

Love and Hugs Vicki xx
Unread 10-17-2001, 02:49 PM
downward fall?

Thanks to all of you who have gone before me for your words of wisdom. Still very scarey indeed but wishing the days go by positively, healthily, and happily. Blessings to all of you who are recovering and all of you in waiting... Take care and PEACE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register