weird vaginal feeling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weird vaginal feeling weird vaginal feeling

Unread 03-06-2006, 10:54 AM
weird vaginal feeling

3 weeks after my hyster ,,i had this different feeling down there ,,,i asked my doc about it and he said everything looked good down there ,,,,that i had no prolapses,,,,,,,,even tho he said that ,,,,,,i still have a weird feeling down there,,,,,,i notice it more when i bend over to pick something up ,,,,,,there is no pain,,,just a sensation that something is down there,,,,,,any ideas? if there is a prolaps ,,,how would it feel?

leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 11:31 AM
weird vaginal feeling

I had that feeling for a long time. My doctor said that it was probably scar tissue, and it would probably go away eventually. I haven't felt if for about two weeks.

When I recognized that bending down was a problem I just stopped doing it. As time has elapsed I have gradually done more bending. Soon I expect to put my pots and pans back on the lower shelves, but I'm taking it slow.
Unread 03-06-2006, 12:15 PM
weird vaginal feeling

Ive had that feeling since the first week after surgery.At my 2 week checkup doctor looked and said that I was probrably a little swollen.well at my 4 week checkup i told him I still feel the same and he said nothing.Im at 10 weeks tomorrow and I have a appointment with a new doctor because I still feel like there is something there and it is driving me crazy.I dont have any pain either it just feels like there is a tanpon half in me sorry if thats TMI.hopefuly its nothing and I hope will go away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
weird vaginal feeling

Hi,
I have that feeling also. I saw my Dr. Friday for my 6wk post-op and she didn't really see anything either, but the nurse made a comment that makes sense... it is just that the "folds" feel different.
What you talking about, does it feel like the opening of the vagina has had something "slip" down into it? I know that I can push it back up in there (sorry tmi) If it is the same thing, my Dr. didn't really seem that concerned about it.
I think if I do too much I feel it more (swelling?). Take care of yourself!
Jill
Unread 03-06-2006, 01:18 PM
weird vaginal feeling

please let me know what the doc says ,,,,its a weird feeling but annoying at times

leather
Unread 03-06-2006, 01:23 PM
weird vaginal feeling

Hi,I have exactly the same feeling and I'm nearly I year,I've had this since the hyst. just feels like a badly place tampon. My gynae. has checked me several times and I had to have two lots of silver nitrate but it's still there sometimes worse than others. My gynae. even said"I'll have a look and see if I left my watch in there' It is such a miserable feeling and I feel for you. One thing you've certainly made me feel better because your description of it is just the same as mine so that sort of validates it for me and I don't feel as if I'm going crazy! Thanks for that,
Take Care,

Ann
Unread 03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
weird vaginal feeling

Im so glad that I read this. I have been feeling exactly the same. I too was worried about prolapse. I dont feel it all the time. Im more aware of it when I have had bm. I have been to scared to mention it to my dr, just want to get over this and get back to a normal life.
Lou x
Unread 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
weird vaginal feeling

Oh wow! I've been feekling "something" too. was afraid of a prolapse, but there's no pain! I don't see the doctor for antoher week. I guess I won't call her in the morning now....
Unread 03-06-2006, 05:34 PM
weird vaginal feeling

I have that same feeling also, (like a tampon falling out) but I also get vaginal dryness at times which makes it worse. I use Premarine cream about 3 to 4 times a week & Replens about whenever I needed to which helps with the dryness and makes it feel a little better but still get annoying. I hope this does not last forever. I just have not made the time to go back to doctor to ask about but plan to soon.
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM
weird vaginal feeling

yes ,,,it seems to feel worse when im dry,,,,its like i have to stand and spread my legs to regroup things and it helps for a bit

leather

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register