9 days post hysterectomy - no discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post hysterectomy - no discharge 9 days post hysterectomy - no discharge

Unread 12-23-2015, 04:24 PM
9 days post hysterectomy - no discharge

I am wondering if this is normal. I spotted a few days after my surgery and then nothing. Not even normal discharge. Shouldn't I be having some thing? I would think my body would be trying to clean itself. And what happens if doesnt come back? Will it effect sex? I still have my cervix. Hoping to find some one out there like me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Re: no discharge

I'm not sure what sort of discharge you're referring to. It's quite normal to have spotting a few days after surgery and then no more bleeding after that.

If you're referring to vaginal lubrication during arousal, if you've kept your ovaries this should come back on its own once your hormones have settled down a bit after surgery. If you've had your ovaries removed and are experiencing surgical menopause, you may find that you lubricate less than you used to and that additional lubricant (e.g. K-Y) helps.

Does this help, or were you asking about something different?
Unread 12-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Re: no discharge

I had no spotting ever, so for it to stop is nothing to worry about. I also have not had any discharge. I imagine there is some coming from inside the vagina, but not enough to be noticeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2015, 11:32 PM

Are you speaking of Cervical Mucous/fluid? This you will have between periods (pre-hysterectomy) for 5-10 days around the time your body would have ovulated. It's usually white, yellow, or clear and stretchy. You will no longer have this type of mucous, as you are no longer ovulating. Nor will you have a period or between period spotting, again, as you are no longer ovulating.

It can be hard to get used to having various mucous and/or blood throughout the the cycle and then nothing. I'm having to get used to this too.
Unread 12-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Re: 9 days post hysterectomy - no discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33 View Post
Are you speaking of Cervical Mucous/fluid? This you will have between periods (pre-hysterectomy) for 5-10 days around the time your body would have ovulated. It's usually white, yellow, or clear and stretchy. You will no longer have this type of mucous, as you are no longer ovulating. Nor will you have a period or between period spotting, again, as you are no longer ovulating.

It can be hard to get used to having various mucous and/or blood throughout the the cycle and then nothing. I'm having to get used to this too.
Adaucke's profile doesn't show whether she kept her ovaries or not. If a woman keeps her ovaries, she still ovulates. She just has no place for the ovum to go.

If she keeps her ovaries *and* her cervix, she *may* (or may not) have miniperiods.
Unread 12-24-2015, 08:52 AM

Thank you for all your input. I do still have ovaries. I guess it just takes time to get all the gears going again. I feel good so I just expect to be normal. I haven't quite accepted yet that this is a longer journey than I imagined
Unread 12-24-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Adaucke's profile doesn't show whether she kept her ovaries or not. If a woman keeps her ovaries, she still ovulates. She just has no place for the ovum to go.

If she keeps her ovaries *and* her cervix, she *may* (or may not) have miniperiods.
This is true. If you still have your cervix there can still be discharge and/or some mild bleeding. It's also possible to retain your cervix and no longer have discharge/bleeding. I would presume if you kept your ovaries you'd have more chance of discharge/bleeding than if you had your ovaries removed. Your ovaries are like the "brain" of your reproductive system. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register