any others june 21 TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any others june 21 TAH any others june 21 TAH

Unread 07-03-2006, 07:30 AM
any others june 21 TAH

Hello all,
I was just hopeing that we can discuss our feeling and symptoms...

I have been feeling pretty good besides the swelly belly and this burning pain in my left side between by hip bone and where your overies would be. I kept my overies. I am up walking around the house and folding laundry wiping countertops, but I feel good. My doc says up as toloertate. I dont feel I am over doing it. But my dh and son are yelling at me to go lay down. I DONT WANT TOO, I thought relaxing would be so whelming but it is so boring. LOL. I still take my vicodins at night and mortin 800 during the day and gas x. I am going to see my doc this week.
My steri strips are starting to come off at the edges and I itch. I have a little shelf (as what I have read on other post) but all in all feel pretty good.
How are you feeling at this point 12 days??? Do you think I am going to regret this post as to feeling good? I hope things progress. All my help with my home daycare business is leaving me on the 13th so that means me back to work, I dont have little ones that I have to pick up so I think all is going to be good.hope to hear from others
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2006, 08:26 AM
any others june 21 TAH

Hello Jules30

I also had a TAH on the 21st. I am feeling pretty well. Not much pain from the get go really, which surprised me. I quit the pain meds the second day home as they seemed to be causing anxiety and I really didn't feel there was that much pain... except for the gas bubbles.... ooooo

For me the incision has also started to itch, and the strips seem to be getting loose around the edge. I see the doc on Wednesday. I kept my overies and so far I think they are working ok. Went through minor typical pre-period symptoms a couple of days ago, right on cue... I hope that is a good sign they are working just fine.

I'm preparing to move to Ireland the end of August so I sold my home... moved out the day before surgery! I'm staying with my sister and her husband for now. So I'm feeling very lucky on the one hand not to have any house work or yard to maintain, she keeps telling me I'm on vacation and enjoy the rest. But it does feel odd, not having a place and things I have to do now that I am feeling better. So, I am taking walks, reading, putting a scrapbook together of my childhood memories, and napping. I am planning on holding off work as long as I can so I don't overdo before leaving.

Unfortunatley my DD has just left her husband and that saddens me greatly. They were together 2 years and I thought they were happy. Apparently not. So emotionally, I am struggling not to stress over her troubles but oooo that is hard. I feel so helpless now to do anything to help, partly because physically I really can't. That is the hardest part for me right now.

Glad to hear someone else from the 21st is progressing along nicely as well. I'm trusting you won't regret the good news post. Tho I'm expecting some more ups and downs, I thing the ups will win out! Take care
Unread 07-03-2006, 09:41 AM
any others june 21 TAH

I had an LSH on June 21. I have been feeling pretty good. I have resumed most housework except for bending over or lifting heavy objects. I have washed dishes and laundry and picked up around the house. I still haven't attempted any vacuuming or mopping, and only a little sweeping. I have little pain, only some discomfort every now and then. I am going to start driving on Wednesday and return to work on Tuesday, July 11. My post op appointment isn't until the 10th. I am an accountant at the local elementary school so there is not much going on in the summer anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. (Yes, I am a 12 month employee). My steri strips did come off of my belly button, I put a band aid over it, but it won't stay. I just make sure that I keep it clean with q-tips and alcohol. I still have the 2 other steri strips. I'm feeling pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
any others june 21 TAH

Hi Ladies!
I too went in on June 21-I had a TAH(kept ovaries) and also had a tummy tuck.
I am glad you are both doing so well, and so soon!

I was in the hospital until Sunday afternoon because I had been throwing up and wasn't able to keep even water down. I think they waited for like a 4 hour window when I wasn't having dry heaves to send me home. So I went home and continued to have nauaea, dry heaves and vomiting whenever I ate or drank anything until I said on day 8"Enough is enough!" I refused to take any more antibiotics or pain meds or colace. Then I was 'fine'! Now , when I say 'fine' I mean I could finally eat!!! Geezz, even though I was puffy from the IV's and surgery , I managed to lose 11 lbs.Went from around 133 to 122. Some of that is uterus and skin and fat, but not more than maybe 3 lbs tops.
The pain has been managebale. Since I stopped taking Percocet a week after surgery, I have taken a few Tylenols here and there since, but for the most part I reserve them for bed time so I can sorta be comfortable.
I don't know about you girls, but my lower intestines feel like they had surgery more than any other place on me! Going to the bathroom IS GETTING EASIER, but still hurts and is akin to giving birth. But, I AM regular!
I get twinges of sharp pains where I think my ovaries are every so often. Feels like they are being pinched very hard. Standing too long on hard surfaces really makes me feel like my insides are going downward, and I feel tightness and cramping feelings that are pretty much relieved by sitting down. My back hurts as well.

This morning was the first day I did any kind of 'housework'. I cleaned up and wiped down the kitchen. My husband is not all that clean all of the sudden(he used to be, what happened!?), and I am more like the TV show character Monk...anyway, I am still sitting here typing this after doing the 'work' and I am not reeling in pain, so I look at this as an improvement!

My steri strips are starting to unravel on the outside edges, but I'll be ****ed if I'm doing anything to hasten them coming off at the moment! I don't want to see the scars yet, although I can see then through the tape...
This past Friday I had an appointment with the PS and he said everything was fine and dandy. Said I could take Advil if I wanted to now, but I'm holding off on them(they really help) because of the clotting issues...I see him again this Friday.
I am more impressed w/ my PS and how he has been there for me throughout this then I am w/ the OBGYN. I saw my PS every morning I was in the hospital, and he spent time w/ me, explaining more of the procedures to me(BOTH the hysto and tt) then did the OBGYN . I think its odd that I don't have to see th OB until 4-6 weeks out. Not even a call from him to see how I'm doing? Not impressed.
I've also found out what friends and family I can count on, and who will be off my Christmas list...if you know what I mean.

I am really looking forward to being able to out in the world... sooner than later would be nice!

Una...I am sorry to hear about your daughter- I hate when then happens and I hate to see others go through it. I feel for you as a mom, and I pray that it all works out for you and them in the long run.

Speaking of praying, I would like to take this time to thank God for all his help and support through this tough and scary time for me. I couldn't have made it without him!

Can't wait to hear from other 6/21ers!
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
any others june 21 TAH

I had a TAH on 6/21. Came home on the Friday after surgery.

I am still taking Ibuprofen and my incision burns and itches.

I'm doing some light housework (no vacuuming or laundry) and yesterday made two dishes for a picnic.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way things are going and most grateful to be "regular" and not to have had problems with bowels on top of everything else.
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:51 AM
any others june 21 TAH

So sounds like progress is good overall so far. Thanks WendyFels for your kind words. I do believe they will turn out ok in the long run, my DD is a survivor and has a good attitude.
Unread 07-03-2006, 12:40 PM
any others june 21 TAH

Hi all,
Had my TAH (left ovaries) on 6/21 as well. Have an extremely large horizontal incision; 12.5". Handled the pain very well; have a high tolerance due to living in pain for the past few years. Home on Sat 6/24, quit pain meds on Tuesday. Take ibuprofen or Aleve if need be. Steri-strips came off today (7/3) and still have slight oozing from very right hand edge of incision. Having a bit of emotional ups and downs, not from missing childbearing (my children are in their 20's), but think it's just from all the upheavel, pain, not knowing what all to expect when completely healed (like in the sex department), and some slight general anxiety. Feeling lots of "rearranging" inside; my uterus was up to my navel, and some general twinges. Can't believe how just taking a shower exhausts me. Been trying to take it easy, with the exhaustion and the twinges reminding me not to do too much. Reclining is the best position for now, with short walks around our yard. Have first post-op at three weeks and plan on taking another three weeks from work past that. Can't fathom the 2+ hour commute and long (8-10 hr) days anytime before then.

God bless you all...

Claire
TAH (kept ovaries) 6/21 - enlarged uterus, many fibroids, adenomyosis
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Doctors apt. today

hello all,
well I got a call from my doctor to come in and see her today , so I went in , heres what happened.
The doc check my binki inscion - all is good steri strips starting to come off she said once they start to peel up in the corners to just pull them off.
She asked lots of quetions just how u feeling etc.
I explained the pain in my side by my hip and she dont understand so now I have to go and get a cat-scan.
back to vicodins . I have to go back and see her in one week. I also have a low grade fever but we think thats bue to a sinis infection cuz I havent been running a fever just feel like I have swimmers ear (from post nasal drip).

Hope all u sisters have a great recovery ,take it slow and rest.
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:04 PM
any others june 21 TAH

June 21, TAH and kept ovaries.
I had great care in the hospital and left feeling on top of my world.
1 week later my 25 year old along with his girlfriend came to help me out around the house ( all I did was direct and try to pick up this and that small stuff) while my husband worked and took care of me.
In one day I over did it and am on my 2nd day of soreness and pain. I am hoping that I will feel better again. I was totally bragging about my little walks and being able to get up and down with no assistance but a chair. Now I am starting over.
So, take it easy sisters and don't get to confident too soon. Hope we can check in with each other again in 3 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register