Pre-op today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Pre-op today

Thanks sooo much Karon! My mom is flyin in tomorrow to help with the kids and driving etc. I'm a single mom and alone in a new city. I'm not sure now what i'm more scared of, surgery or a whole month with my mom =P... JK, im glad i'll have someone to help out. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll keep you updated..... only 3 more days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Pre-op today

Karon,
It is a relief to read a post from someone who had a hysterectomy due primarily to fibroids. I read about so many of the probs other women are having from what I deem to be more serious medical conditions and I almost feel guilty when I complain about my symptoms. But I, too, have fibroids that press on my bladder and bowels and horrific periods that last forever and have to change tampons every five minutes. I'm 40 years old, and have a TAH scheduled for September. Except for the pain of the surgery, I am so looking forward to (as you said) not having to pee every 5 minutes, no periods, no cramps, and white whenever I want! I actually start to get excited when I read about positive experiences such as yours, so thank you so much. Thanks to all of you troopers before me, for both the encouraging words and support, and for not making me feel like a whiner! God Bless to all of you!
Taylordog
Unread 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Pre-op today

Did anyone find the swelly belly band to be beneficial? I'm thinking about ordering one and wanted to know ...
Thanks!
Taylordog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Pre-op today

Hi Taylordog,

I had about seven fibroids but surprisingly Ialways had very uneventful periods. My main problem was with ovarian cysts on both sides that refused to go away each month. After having them for over a year, one became twisted (VERY painful) so because of them AND the fibroids, I gladly had surgery. Funny, I never wanted to until I went to the ER twice in three months. I also said I would NEVER use HRT and I am now using the Vivelle Dot and love it!

With the exception of an occasional hot flash, I have been extremely lucky with my surgical menapause symptoms. I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery and please stay in touch and let me know how it goes. Hyster Sisters were a lifesaver for me because I like to know everything, good and bad, before going into a hospital. If I feel knowledgable, I feel "armed" and ready to confront anything.

NOT knowing anything scares me to death.

You will do great, I know!

Karon
Unread 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Pre-op today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellelon
Thanks sooo much Karon! My mom is flyin in tomorrow to help with the kids and driving etc. I'm a single mom and alone in a new city. I'm not sure now what i'm more scared of, surgery or a whole month with my mom =P... JK, im glad i'll have someone to help out. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll keep you updated..... only 3 more days.

LOL! I know what you mean about your mom coming! Mine came out for ten days and I loved having her out, don't get me wrong. However, I wanted to make sure she was comfortable and worried about the house too much. It sounds stupid, but whenever my mom comes out, I put pressure on myself to get out those white gloves and clean like there's no tomorrow. She would kill me if she knew that! Anyway, it was fun watching tv with her and just having one on one time with her. The last thing you want to do is cook, so I hope your mom does that well!!!

Remember to keep me posted on your progress! This time next month you will be so happy it's over with and you will wonder why you didn't have it sooner!

karon

karon
Unread 07-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Pre-op today

My personal story is I was completely healthy with no problems. I told my Dr. that since I had already finished my menopause, I really wanted EVERYTHING OUT, so I could enjoy my life and have the peace of mind that "my parts" couldn't hurt me. Easy surgery, easy recovery. To me it's the gift of Freedom! bonniebolander60
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Pre-op today

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's excited for surgery. I can't wait to feel better. I have 3 months to go-having TAH/BSO-but just knowing the end is in sight makes the periods more bearable.
Unread 07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Pre-op today

Good for You!!! With your positive attitude, everything will go more smoothly and you will heal more quickly. I'm so happy for you. I'm 5 weeks post-op and I look at it as a wonderful gift of Freedom! bonniebolander
Unread 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Pre-op today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pand0rasBox
As I sit here with miserable cramps and changing super plus tampons every 45 minutes, after suffering for a week with the MOST horrid backache, I say PLEASE give me a date...I still have 10 days before my initial surgeon's visit, and believe me, I'm going to do all the talking. I've suffered long enough!!! There is no way on this Earth you can convince me that there's any good reason NOT to have the surgery done. One Dr. has suggested trying ablation first, to "tide me over until menopause"...honey, enough with the tides!!!!!! With as many abnormal paps and endometrial biopsies and conizations, the LEEP procedure..only to name a few of the lovely little things I've put myself through...I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH already....take my uterus..please! I know it's going to be a little harder for me, I have fibromyalgia as well, which I fully expect a flare-up from the surgery, but it has got to be better than this...I actually almost passed out today, and I was alone in the basement at the time. I really cannot tolerate this any longer. I cry now when I see the menstrual flow...because I know it's going to hurt and be awful and I might have to go to the hospital this time. I read what some of you ladies have had done...not JUST the hysterectomy, not just removal of the ovaries, but major, major things....and you still bounced back. I still don't know exactly what I'm looking at yet, but either way, if it will stop this insanity, I'm all for it...and yes, I have read ALL the literature, know all the risks and dangers, but I know I can't go on like this for very much longer...I'm so glad to know there are others like me....now I don't feel so guilty about not missing my "female parts" as one very non-chalant Dr. put it to me once~ My female parts are in my brain...not my pelvis~ Good luck all you ladies, we are not alone!!!

One of the best posts I've seen - thanks so much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register