Three weeks post-TAH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three weeks post-TAH Three weeks post-TAH

Unread 03-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Re: Is an emotional meltdown normal?

I have been almost a total hermit since my surgery. People have been told not to even stop by for coffee. There is no way someone would be staying over. I'm impressed you lasted as long as you did.

I have had major surgery and quit smoking at almost the same time. I'm out of whack. So far the most emotional is being tempted to do bodily harm to DH when he was talking about how disgusting it was when I smoked. I don't think he knows just how dangerously he was living for that 10 minutes. It even occurred to me that I could use a diminished capacity or insanity defense.

So far though everyone is still alive and I count that as success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM

I have referred to it as "going hormonal" on other threads, and at least for me it was par for the course...... I still have my moments!!

But as time has gone by it has gotten better!!
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:06 AM

On day #3, before I left the hospital I had 2 meltdowns. They were actually anxiety attacks and I was sobbing uncontrollably and blubbering all over the place.

Sounds like it is completely normal according to all the responses! My doctor said I needed to get out of the hospital. I have not had one since being home but am a tad depressed today on day #11.

Let it all out and you will feel much better!

HUGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Three weeks post-op

I think we all go through that to some extent. And having house guest that long can be taxing on anybody. Don't beat yourself up over this. Just realize it's gonna happen. But it will happen less and less. Good luck and hang in there!
Unread 04-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Just be up front with them. Tell them that you don't want to be mean or anything, but that your hormones are off and your body has been through a lot. Ask them to be patient with you and help you. Hang in there!
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Oh here comes the empathy! I agree with jsrl247 ... whatever you are going through is your normal. I can tell you that I cried at an SNL sketch, and I think that was around week 3. I had TAH/BSO, so I know it was hormonal. I also was borderline weepy over a lot of little things. Since I rarely get that emotional, no doubt about there all that's coming from!

I'd guess that having house guests would have put me over the edge. I am almost 6 weeks post-op and I sure don't want them now! I think you have held up well -- and hopefully once they are gone you can get back to relaxing and healing!!
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey43 View Post
On day #3, before I left the hospital I had 2 meltdowns. They were actually anxiety attacks and I was sobbing uncontrollably and blubbering all over the place.

Sounds like it is completely normal according to all the responses! My doctor said I needed to get out of the hospital. I have not had one since being home but am a tad depressed today on day #11.

Let it all out and you will feel much better!

HUGS
Thanks for sharing your experience, Abbey. It makes me feel so much better to know that I'm not alone. I tried to explain to my husband but he didn't get it at all. A couple of years ago, he had bad anxiety attacks following a terrible road accident. As a nurse, I was able to recognize what was going on, and get him the help he needed. (He had a short period on meds, and then was OK afterwards).

I haven't had anything more than a lump in my throat since that awful meltdown, thank goodness. I put it down to a mixture of hormone issues, fatigue and stress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register