Home from the castle after daVinci hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the castle after daVinci hysterectomy Home from the castle after daVinci hysterectomy

Unread 07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Home from the castle after daVinci hysterectomy

Hey ladies, I was really excited at the prospect of having the davinci robotic assisted surgery right, so I go in with very low expectations regarding recovery right!!!! Man was I in for a rude awakening. I was in extreme pain when I finaly "came to", man I hate that super groggy state when you can't stay awake longer than 2 min, lol. I also hate when the nurses keeping pushing you to get out of bed and try to walk, although my mom told me that if i didn't walk I could have a blood clot and die, so I had to get over that real quick, lol. I was suppose to stay only one day in the hospital, but due to the severe adheasions and a very large cyst on my ovary, my dr wasn't supprised at my pain and advised I stay an additional night at the hospital. I got home around 1pm est today, and I must say I'm walking around, slowly of course, but outside of some gas pain (now that's the bigget pain in the butt) and an achy sore stomach, I'd say the Davinci's the way to go.I can sit up with no prob and even had a coughing spasm without feeling like my stomach was going to explode open. All in all I'm doing pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 10:05 PM

I'm glad to hear you're feeling pretty good! I hope your recovery is speedy and problem free!

Ruth
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Congrats that is so exciting! And you're already sitting at the computer, very impressive! Now just remember you're NOT superwoman and even if you are, you are temporarily banished from any and all super-powers for at least a week or two!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM

Congrats on all going well. Sorry about the extra stay...but I'm so glad your feeling better. Thanks so much for posting....it's a bit hard to find specific Da Vinci experiences and they are sooooooooooo great to read for those of us waiting. Blessings and keep us informed.

TANK
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Sorry about the minor complications, but I'm glad to hear that everything else went well and that you are healing quickly.
Unread 07-14-2008, 06:26 AM

Hey Sunny, I woke up from my DaVinci thinking "oh man, somebody sold me a bill of goods, this hurts!" And I too got really mad at some little doctor in training who came into my room at 6am the next morning barking at me to get out of bed so I could go home, I wanted to smack the little punk. Got home that day and felt pretty darned good though, slept OK that night and then woke up and said "oh wow now I really know somebody lied to me!" But it was just all that gas, and before you knew it I could lie down flat on my back and sit straight up, no pain, no having to roll over on my side to slide outta the bed, it was all good. I did have bladder issues for the 1st 3 weeks, but then one morning I woke up and that was over. Today is my 6 week mark and I'm wearing jeans!
Unread 07-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the well wishes, Nancy you made me chuckle at your reply, lol, and you know that it still kinda hurts to laugh too heartily, lol. Yeah the bladder thing feel really weird when I tinkle, as if there's more to come out, but it's not....weird. I do feel pretty good all things considered, I do feel as though someone used my stomach as a punching bag, more sore than real pain. I wish all the ladies all the best with their upcoming surgeries.
p.s. Nancy please give me a few more tid bits of info that can help me out, wearing jeans seems like eons away, lol.

My name is sanya, 36, major adheasions, cyst on both ovaries, could only keep the right ovary. DaVinci ltvh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register