14 days post ob Robotic(only my uterus and tubs taken) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 days post ob Robotic(only my uterus and tubs taken) 14 days post ob Robotic(only my uterus and tubs taken)

Unread 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
14 days post ob Robotic(only my uterus and tubs taken)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I just had a Da V. robotic hysterectomy, they only removed uterus and tubes and lots of fybroid tumors. I am 2 weeks post op today. surgery was sept 28th. I have a few questions and was hoping one of you could answer them.

1) sex... I think I remember my dr saying that I could have sex in 2 weeks after surgery. I had MIS only uterus and tubes, they left my cervex. All the info I am reading says 4 weeks but I think they keep talking about a Vagina cuff. I dont know but I think I do not have one of these cuz they left my cervex???? does anyone know. I tried to call my Dr. but he is out of town for a while.

2. emotions... I still have my overies, but I am feeling some emotions and I am not sure why. It seems like I can cry at the drop of a hat and I feel like I am shaky inside, Like if I try to stay really still my head shakes???? I do suffer from anxiety and I am wondering if this could have anything to do with it.

numbness... my stomach is nomb on the right side, is this normal?

Other than that my recovery is going well.

For those of you that are afraid of the surgery... please dont be. I was so scared and had to wait for 2 months before I had the surgery. It went very well. I only had to take 2 pain pills my whole recovery. The worst part was only for 3 days. After that it was getting better every day. Today I feel so much better and am going back to work on Monday.

Thank you all for your time and your knowledge.

Teri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Re: 14 days post ob Robotic(only my uterus and tubs taken)

Hi, glad to hear things are going so well for you.

The sex part I can't really answer for you, sorry.

The emotions are totally normal, especially with anxiety, I have it too. It's basically the bodies way of relieving stress and saying holy cow I've been through a lot.

The numbness is completely normal and may never go away. I had a c-section 18 years ago and still have it, you'll forget about it soon enough.

If you post this in the post op forum you'll probably get better responses but I'm sure you'll get lots of help here as well.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Following c-sections, it took about 6 months for the majority of numbness to wear off; I still have a couple "dead" spots -- they DO sever some nerves when you have abdominal surgery; so - it may come back, it may not. I'm still awaiting my da vinci hysterectomy, so don't have any input there, but second the suggestion to visit the post-op forum. Thanks for your feedback on the da vinci though - it's good to hear from someone who's had success overall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 07:42 PM

I was restricted from sexual intercourse for six weeks. That is pretty normal, and some women were restricted longer. PLEASE ask your doctor's replacement on this - you can cause damage to yourself if you have sex before you heal. There should be someone who is taking the calls for him or her.

As the other sister said, emotional roller coaster is par for the course with this surgery. Your ovaries may be sleeping, as they are in shock from the surgery.

I have a vertical incision that is numb as well from my TAH BSO. Sometimes the numbness can go away - it takes a while to heal. I am assuming you are talking about your incisions.

Take it easy with work. You can easily over due it and set yourself back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register