I'm curious am I the youngest one here? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm curious am I the youngest one here? I'm curious am I the youngest one here?

Unread 12-13-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm curious am I the youngest one here?

I'm 26, and having a LAVH BSO on Wednesday of this week (getting close!!!!!). I'm actually excited to have this done. So many people think I'm nuts because I'm happy about it, but my mom hit the nail on the head today... she said "When you've been in pain as long as you have been, I don't blame you for being excited, I would be too!!"

I have to say though, I was shocked by the number of women here my age and younger going through this. I keep hearing the same thing from so many people "you're so young. Are you sure this is what you want?" Like I have some other flattering choice in the matter. I've even had people say "Well, it is an ELECTIVE surgery. So, what's the big deal." I just laugh at them and shake my head. If they had my reproductive system for a week they'd know how UNELECTIVE this is.

I wish the best to all the LIW and those who are already princesses. This site has been a God send.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2004, 11:38 PM

I just turned 30 in Nov. & I'm having a total hysterectomy on 12/15....I was supposed to have a general hysterectomy at 25.
Unread 12-13-2004, 11:57 PM
yougest

klee1816, you sound like me I was happy to, I had mine in sept. a year ago I was 27 getting ready to turn 28 and over all its been great.

Darlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2004, 03:23 AM

minniemoo thanks for the information.

I of course dreamt I would have my period the day of the surgery and sure enough I'm on my way now and started my period so in more pain now.

I appreciate all of the support I am getting here what a great site I discovered.

Can't wait for this to be over then I can go on with my back surgery.

Praying for all of you here.

Will check in when I can.

Off to the castle I go..........
Unread 12-14-2004, 06:25 AM
To the princess who had surgery 12/13-12/14

For the princesses who are from this thread I found a poem for you and also for us who are having surgery tommorow I thought this poem was cute:

THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY

‘Twas the night before surgery approaching the castle
The nurse took my pre-op vitals without too much hassle
My stockings were snug on my two legs with care
In hopes that no blood clots could ever form there

I dreamed of how great it would be to be in my own bed
While visions of catheters kicked ‘round my head
The doc in his scrubs and I in my backless frock
Had just settled down after a heated "PAIN" talk

When all of sudden I guess I was out
I woke up as someone was wheeling me about
My eyes sprang open and twitched side to side
I clutched for my crown with such Princess Pride!

When what, through my groggy and foggy brain see
But a nice PCA with a pain button, just for me!
And my lively young Doctor, so smart and so cute
He asked right away if I’d yet to ‘toot’!

More staples than legal, my tummy had caught
My Doctor then bellowed “Now Listen, my tot!”
“No lifting, no bending, no dancing, no fixin’
No Comet for cleaning, no boudoir mixin’
From now ‘til our 6 week visit, I say,
Just pamper the princess, now have a good day!”

I am praying that those who have gone before us to the castle has had a awesome surgery and will have an amazing recovery

Carol
Unread 12-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Thank You ladies once again

Thank You soo much Minniemoo for the great tips *2 thumbs up* Thank You also for the prayers.

klee1816 you sound like me when I tell some women that I am having a Hysterectomy by "choice" there eyes get big as in disbelief because they had a uneventful surgery or didn't like the outcome. When I took Lupron it gave me a reality of what menopause would be like without my Ovaries. I feel great but Lupron was only temporary and this will be indefinate yeahhhhh

Those who are going to the castle today and yesterday let us know who you are doing? I can't wait to hear about your castle stories. Today is my second day of my Low residue diet and it's killing me lol then when I get off work today early I will start drinking my enema lol so it's getting close and this is one surgery next to my kids I can't wait to have. Peace and blessings im getting ready to go eat some eggs and soup yeah I know pretty gross lol

Carol
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:53 AM

Hi Carol,
Figured I would add my 2 cents in here....I am 38, had hyst at 37, started my journey when I was about 34...I have had horrendous cramping with my periods since I started them. My mom always told me that it was 'normal'... In the past few years, it got to the point where I would take 2000mg of Ibu 4-6 times a day and it did not even touch the pain. I had a lap done for endo, which came back completely clean, a D&C which worked for a whole month, and then was supposed to have the nerve paths burnt to the uterus. I tried to conceive and went through one month of Clomid. That didnt work, and I waited. In June at my complete, I told my doctor I was ready. He agreed, with both of us understanding I was looking for trouble with the amounts of meds I had to take to function. Now I only ever had issues for about three days, it was to the point my hip and knees hurt, my back, and I was unable to walk and just miserable. I kept my ovaries and cervix, and now have mini periods. Thats ok, they dont hurt.... I will take two days of spotting over the pain anyday!!

I was young, one child, and no 'medical' problems to have this justified...Just a nasty looking future of possible kidney dialysis, liver failure, or stomach surgery for a hole blown by the Ibu....It was a good choice!!

So yes, you are not young, you are not old, you are JUST RIGHT!! Hugs to all my beautiful sisters....
Kat
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:59 AM

Hi!
I'm 22 years old--just had my hyst about 3 and 1/2 weeks ago. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 18 years old...I never got to have kids cause my organs were so badly damaged. I'll admit it's pretty weird going through menopause when my mother still has her period! I know I'm really young, but I feel better than I have in years and happy that I've got my life back.
Unread 12-14-2004, 01:37 PM

Good luck Carol2004,

I'll be praying for you tomorrow. May you come back in a couple weeks and tell me, "Don't sweat it." "We were overreacting."
Big Hugs.
Unread 12-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Well Carol, we don't have much longer to go!!!! I had a rough day today....everyone thinks I'm fine,and for the most part I am, but today just hit me hard. I'm doing better now, and ready to get this over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to go into surgery at 10am singing "Another one bites the dust" LOL!!!

Best of luck to all!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register