enlarged abdomin - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

enlarged abdomin enlarged abdomin

Unread 06-27-2007, 03:02 AM
enlarged abdomin

I think you have made a big impact on my decision to have a TAH. I have been thinking about it a lot wondering whether I am just being selfish in wanting my life to be normal again, without the heavy bleeding, low iron levels, bloatedness and you know the rest. I could do with just having my body back and feeling good about myself again. Hope all goes well with your TAH. Mona lisa
  Quote:
Originally Posted by satinbtterfly
I have been bloated for so long.. I have a enlarged uterus and fibroids. I have contractions all the time. I them really bad after doing cleaning or being on my feet. Sometimes one side will be more extended then the other really strange. I look about 8 months prego. I hate and the pain is horrible. I will be having a TAH . I am so looking forward to it. I want my life back and I want to fit in my clothes again. Its hard to work when ya feel so bad. I know they get tired of me complaining but hard not too sometimes.
satinbtterfly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM
enlarged abdomin

moondancer,

glad to hear some talk about cystocele & rectocele repair. My doctor wants to do a tvh with cystocele/rectocele repair. I have such heaviness in my abdominal area that it fatigues me. I too am worried about lifting after surgery.
Unread 06-27-2007, 05:28 PM
enlarged abdomin

I Don't Have A A Wt Restriction After My 6 Weeks. I'm 1 Week Post-op And Feel Better Every Day. The Repairs Were The Most Painful But Well Worth It. I Can Finally See My Toes . I'm 5'7" 130 Lbs And Spent 3-4 Mo Looking Like I Was 5 Mo Pregnant. I Was Very Scared About This Surgery But I'm Glad I Did It. Like They Say "no Pain No Gain"... Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
enlarged abdomin

Hello Fellow Sisters!!!

My TVH was on June 13th. I told my Doctor to repair anything he found when he got in there, and I got a posterior repair, and a vaginal "tightening". I am exactly two weeks post-op, and I want to report that my belly is GONE!!!!!!!! Friends of mine have commented on it, and I feel really good about my body again. I have lost the ten pounds that I had gained in the three months before my surgery without doing much at all. I had adenomyosis, and my symptoms were terrible cramping, pain in back and abdomen, down legs and nauseau. The weirdest problem I had was constant cravings - like during your cycle. Those are GONE too!!! I thought that some of our Sisters in waiting might want to hear some good news about that belly - I am soooooo glad mine is gone! Now I just have to figure out how to keep my husband away until I am cleared for action!

Gretchen
Unread 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
enlarged abdomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRLTR
am exactly two weeks post-op, and I want to report that my belly is GONE!!!!!!!! I have lost the ten pounds that I had gained in the three months before my surgery without doing much at all. I had adenomyosis, and my symptoms were terrible cramping, pain in back and abdomen, down legs and nauseau. The weirdest problem I had was constant cravings - like during your cycle. Those are GONE too!!!
Gretchen
Hi Gretchen. So glad to hear you are doing well & lost the 10 lbs. I too gained 10 lbs 3-4 months ago, in the stomach it appears to be. Also, we got the same exact symtoms...terrible cramping, pain in back/pelvic region, pain down legs & nausea. Also, as you mentioned I had constant cravings too...it was so strange, maybe because I have been getting 2 periods in a month, the past few months. Anyways, glad to hear all is well with you. Take care.

Lizzie
Unread 06-28-2007, 12:54 AM
enlarged abdomin

Ladies

I am reposed in my hospital bed as i write this email, thank goodness for wireless internet. Its 4 days after my abdomenal myomectomy and the first 3 days were agony but day 4 has me feel soooo much better!

It went much better than anticipated and even though my doctor has suggested blood transfusions to off set my anemia, I have stayed strong and insisted on hemoglobin treatments-takes longer to gain back strength and counteract blood loss, but a much better alternative i feel.

My uterus was fused with my bowel and right ovary to the right side of my pelvic wall, my gynae cut, seperated, cut out the 3 large myomas that were causing the back pain and intense cramping akin to menstrual hell, reconstructed my uterus and has assured me that i will have no problem conceiving or birthing. The question remains, do i want to!!!

Gynae will show me pics of the myomas tomorrow, yippeeee! Really want to see em bad boys and cuss em out...hehehe. Over all, I feel greater than I have felt in a long long time, I definitely see some weight loss (5 days of not eating will do that i guess) and my stomach is swollen from the C cut BUT it certainly looks smaller than the 6 month pregnancy it was mimicing.

Lovely Ladies, I wish you all the best of healthy fibroid free girlishly slim waist lines and happiness galore...

Jenoon
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
enlarged abdomin

It seems we're all in the same bloated boat ladies...with my pet fibroid I also appear about 4 to 4 1/2 months pregnant. And just for fun, around my period I get extra bloated on top of that! I too have had the cravings, "double periods" (complete with horrific cramping), and weight gain.

Am very glad to hear so many of you have gotten rid of the "prego belly" Hopefully you all take it easy and avoid the "swelly belly".

Great quote from Charles Schultz "I have a new philosophy, I'm going to only dread one day at a time."
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:35 AM
enlarged abdomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGoddess
It seems we're all in the same bloated boat ladies...with my pet fibroid I also appear about 4 to 4 1/2 months pregnant. And just for fun, around my period I get extra bloated on top of that!"
I hear ya! My TAH is July 24 ...and I'm about a week away from my very last visit from the witch! But I am so bloated this week (PMS) I about popped a button off my pants yesterday at work! It's worse than ever .... maybe a final reminder of why I'm going through with the surgery. I have about 5 tennis ball sized fibroids and a dozen more smaller ones (but the tech lost count). My periods only last about 5-6 days, but Day 2-3 I usually lose and average of 8 lbs due to blood loss (and I suppose dehydration). I too get the back pain, and nausea, but I actually have a loss of appetite ... but I think it is from stomach being pushed up due to the swelly uterus.

Anywho .... I will be nearly at this exact point in my cycle when I have my TAH ... so should be interesting to see what they have to "haul" out of there!
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:54 AM
enlarged abdomin

[/quote]Anywho .... I will be nearly at this exact point in my cycle when I have my TAH ... so should be interesting to see what they have to "haul" out of there![/quote]

They'll probably need a dump truck for us!!! My surgeon recommended an injection of Depot Luprin (to "stem the flow" between now and the surgery), and I decided to go with it. I've been having those riduculous periods every other week, so a little relief (especially in this heat) is welcome! My belly still seems to be getting PMS swollen though...so this should be interesting.

Some of the side effects I've seen listed on this site are a bit of a concern, but she (the doc) said that the side effects usually don't show up until after the third shot (and since I'm only taking one....fingers crossed).

I had seen (in other postings here) that the med was expensive, but when my copay was $75 it was a bit of a shock. The pharmacy assistant calmly informed me that the full price was $725!!!

I'm certainly not going to miss dear Aunt Flow (and all the relatives she brings with her)!
Unread 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
enlarged abdomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGoddess
I had seen (in other postings here) that the med was expensive, but when my copay was $75 it was a bit of a shock. The pharmacy assistant calmly informed me that the full price was $725!!!
Yikes! That is steep! Hopefully it's only the one shot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register