going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal

Unread 03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal

i am now back to work, I have a sit down job and I still hurt. Is it normal to still be sore, my doctor said I shouldnt be sore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Re: going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal

I had a TAH and I was still very very sore at 7 weeks, in fact at 9 months I still have times when my belly and incision are sore and ache.

I wonder about these doctors sometimes....hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Re: going on my 7th week post op of total hyst and i am still sore,is this normal

I am 8 weeks TAH and still sore. In fact today I went to SAMs and I am super tired and sore I am even thinking of taking a percocet and I haven't done that in atleast. 3 weeks. Ugh. My doc is great but she told me I should be free of all surgical pain. I have posted a similar question and everyone says pain and soreness is normal. I am suppose to leave on a trip in a week and I am worried I won't be able to keep up. I am only39 and i am sooo tired all the time. Are u tired too?? Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM

It is taking quite some time to get my energy and stamina back.
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Ugg. I am finding this point more frustrating then when I was first home. Everyone expected me to feel crummy.

Now I feel like I am expected to feel like I am totally healed. I don't.
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM

I got my energy back really around week 3.About two days a week I still take a cat nap though. My left side feels totally normal, my right side is always barking about some ache or pain. It's like my lowest right rib is bruised or the large intestine pulls. Annoying as hell.
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Maybe I need to get my iron checked. I thought the TAH would fix my low iron but hmmmm. Now I am wondering. I still feel like I need a nap most days. When I finally get a nap on the weekends I sleep for three or four hours and then go to bed by 10 pm. Hmmmmm. Perhaps I should call
Unread 03-28-2011, 06:44 PM

I'm about 6.5 weeks post op. I'm still sore on my belly at the incision area, but there is no pain inside. I've gone back to my active job, and my tummy gets a bit sore/puffy after a long day.
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:12 PM

I am 6 1/2 weeks post op TAH and I feel like I haven't progressed a whole lot. I still am huge in my lower abdomen and very, very puffy. I went back to work (office job on computer) and do get very tired. Is it normal to be so big and puffy -- I look like I am pregnant 6 mos. and I had a flat tummy and lower abdomen before. What is all the big puffiness from? My bladder still feels strange too and I get cramping. Is this normal too? So many people tell me I should be doing way better than I am! That is so frustrating.
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM

I am 7 weeks post op and back at work. I also get soooooooo tired! It just hits suddenly and I need to lie down for a while.
And this week I have that puffiness. I feel like I'm about to burst my skin and I've put on 4kg in a week so it has to be fluid. I;m trying to drink water to help get rid of it. My stomach is also very swollen this week; usually it's just the end of the day or if I've done too much,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register