6 months post op - severe ovarian pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post op - severe ovarian pain? 6 months post op - severe ovarian pain?

Unread 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
6 months post op - severe ovarian pain?

I had my surgery Oct 31/12. TAH horizontal. I had really bad pain on my left side about 2 inches away from my belly button. It was an intense burning. My right hip area(but not the bone) throbbed. My family dr ordered a pelvic ultrasound. Took awhile before I got the results but he said I had hemorragic ovaries. Basically instead of fluid cysts, they are blood cysts. He said birth control would help. I'm 43, I am not taking birth control. I take no medications and do not want hormones from birth control at my age. He didn't really offer any other solution. I am in daily pain. Has anyone else experienced this sort of pain or situation and what did you do?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Re: 6 months post op - severe ovarian pain?

Cherie -

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing this level of pain.

You could do a search on cysts to see if any old threads came up with relevant information. I don't know that you could use hemorragic since people may not spell the word correctly. If you do an advanced search maybe doing something like "hem* cyst" without the quotes would yield some information.

I didn't have these types of cysts so can't offere further advice except have you talked to your gyn about it? Sinc eyou said it was the family dr that recommended this maybe the gyn could tell you more.

Unread 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Re: 6 months post op - severe ovarian pain?

Evening

I just posted on cysts. Just found out I have them inside both ovaries. Never had any issues pre surgery so was curious to know how many ladies were getting them post surgery

I have to still see gynae to go through options but tonight's doc said at that size with this much pain the really would prefer to take ovary

Have they given you any other options other than pills?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register