Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Sex

I had a TLH on December 23rd. My doc says that I am restricted from sex for 8weeks. I have been seeing posts where some have had sex as early as 5weeks. I had everything removed but my ovaries. I know that I will have to wait but Im wondering if I can disregard my doc and have sex in 6wks. Im thinking that its similar to when we have children we are forbidden for 6weeks.
So looking forward to any responses.

Thanks,
Happy New Year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Re: Sex

I would wait until 8 wks or whatever your md suggests. You need to heal properly!!
Unread 01-01-2014, 05:41 PM

I wouldn't chance intercourse, it could risk tearing of the vaginal cuff (or at least that is what I am paranoid about!). That said, many doctors allow external activity (clitoral stimulation). It is best to ask, but if they didn't say full pelvic rest chances are you could have outer course. Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs DJW View Post
I had a TLH on December 23rd. My doc says that I am restricted from sex for 8weeks. I have been seeing posts where some have had sex as early as 5weeks. I had everything removed but my ovaries. I know that I will have to wait but Im wondering if I can disregard my doc and have sex in 6wks. Im thinking that its similar to when we have children we are forbidden for 6weeks.
So looking forward to any responses.

Thanks,
Happy New Year
Every doctor is different from their practice to the materials they use for surgery. There is a reason you have to wait 8 weeks. I have to wait 12 weeks so consider yourself luck. A hysterectomy is much different then baring a child. You have to let the wounds heal and your organs need time to get back to working right. Plus your pelvic area must be completely healed to prevent prolapse. I wouldn't have sex before you are cleared by your doctor first. Just my two cents.
Unread 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM

Please do not disregard your doctors orders. Your healing in this case is a little different than when having children. You have to remember that you have internal sutures that need to be fully heal before attempting sexual intercourse and your doctor knows when that is best for you. If he says 8 weeks he wants to give you the best possible chance to heal.

Please read this article
Why Wait

(((HUGS)))
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM

Thanks sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register