Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset! Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset!

Unread 06-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Re: Seriously.. How rude.. I am sooo upset!

You are not overreacting, they are not professional and rude towards you.
What others say, let your DH call them, and they should apologize to you.

I don't like spiders either. Brrr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM

I have a different take on this -- while you're absolutely right, I don't think you're going to teach sensitivity to these folks! I think I'd just be very formal and distant with them in upcoming exams and just be grateful that the surgeon was good at surgery if not humanity!

There are some online M.D. rating sites. I might do one of those noting technical competence but poor patient interaction. But I would not waste your energy on trying to develop empathy where there is none! Just write those guys off as not worth your time!
Unread 06-30-2011, 08:01 AM

I would have made a joke about it...
I would have said, "Gee doctor, maybe it was the morphine or the psychedelic
mushrooms you slipped into the I.V., or my midnight snack."

Also, I would have let them know that I heard EVERYTHING they just said.
Maybe keep their voices down if they want to talk "trash" about you next time, LOL.

I respect doctors and health professionals when they act like health professionals. I also know that they are humans and humans are childish from time to time. People find the laughter in daily work. This is what they did. It is not very nice, but it happened. If she is a good doctor, move on from it. I always hire doctors for their work, rather than their bedside manner. If two doctors are equal in their abilities, then personality and bedside manner count, too.

I would evaluate this whole situation and realize that you could have made the whole thing a big thing if the joke was on them and they knew you heard everything they said.

Realize too, you may have had a few people that were just plain childish.
They just need to grow up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2011, 08:55 AM

What's the doctor's number? If you posted it here, I'm sure all your sisters would be happy to make a call for you!! LOL!! THAT would freak them out!!
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:27 PM

You ladies are fantastic! I took your advice and allowed my sister to call. She works at a hospital and used the professional to professional angle and that she would want to know if something like that happened in her office. She spoke with the office manager and was asked to convey their sincere apology and that it would be dealt with.

I didn't get anything for the pain as when I saw my doctor she came in and said that the nurse had told her I had moved furniture. I said, "yeah, I heard that" and that was as far as I got before I started bawling. My doctor kinda went on the defensive and began lecturing me on doing too much.. like I had planned on redecorating my bedroom or something. I kept saying it wasn't planned and I was sorry.. and when I told her how much pain I was in she cut me off and said "yeah, you will have throbbing pains now and cramps.. you probably pulled at some stitches and muscles and such. If it hurts to get up, don't get up." Which is FANTASTIC advice when I'm home with two kids (5,7) all day. I didn't think it was too much to ask to be able to stand long enough to make a sandwich at 4 weeks. Oh well.. I'm done at that office.

Thanks again for all your kind words.. it is so reassuring that I am not alone!
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Maybe try calling your GP and explain the situation. Perhaps he/she can prescribe a pain med. Otherwise, my doc told me I can use OTC Aleve 2 in the morning and 2 at night and supplement with Tylenol if needed. I hope you can find relief
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:07 PM

So glad your sister called. As TW said explain to your GP if you need something stronger for the pain.
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Jammrz,

I know you don't want anything to do with them right now, but you may think about this a few weeks from now and wish you'd done something different. Personally, I would be writing my letter to them while I'm still upset, then later, I'd look at it again, edit it for anything I think is too emotionally written, and send it to them. I've always thought it was reasonable to let people know why they're losing my business. And yes, it IS a business, and you ARE a customer!!! They should remember that.
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:36 PM

Oh, I am so sorry you had to go thru this - I would have done the same thing.

I agee with other - I would have not been as nice as you were - I would have had to tell them that I heard them and that you are waiting to be seen.

Let DH call the office . . . you were disrespected and he should nicely tell them that they should treat you with more respect. Next time maybe he could go with you.
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:49 PM

I just read your story to my DH ... and he said.... "They're lucky you weren't their patient. I know you wouldn't have walked out of that office without letting them know exactly what you thought of their professionalism!"

I'm sorry that you had to go thru that. I certainly do not blame you for not wanting to go back to that office again. I agree with the other Sisters who have said you should call your PCP and see if he/she could help you with your pain management for the duration of your recovery; they should also be able to refer you do another gynocologist for your follow up appointments to make sure your healing is going as it should.

Hang in there Sister!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register