1 month post hysterectomy: New Sharp Pain Near Lower Part of Incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 month post hysterectomy: New Sharp Pain Near Lower Part of Incision 1 month post hysterectomy: New Sharp Pain Near Lower Part of Incision

Unread 07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
1 month post hysterectomy: New Sharp Pain Near Lower Part of Incision

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral oophrectomy (I had very large ovarian cysts one was 34cms and together they weighed 27 pounds) so my incision starts well above my belly button and goes well below it, and I had this on June 12, 2014. Recently, and by recent I mean yesterday I started having some sharp "pulling" pain near the lower left of my incision. Not right on it, but more about 3 inches to the left. Overnight it was okay, and now well into this day the pain has started up again. It hurts mostly when I am walking and when I have to get up from sitting, or when I have to actually sit down. I don't know if this is healing pain, or something that I should be scared about and call my Dr. I know I should call her if I feel anything isn't "normal" but I really have no idea what is normal for this situation. Has anyone had pain like that and it be nothing?

Sorry this was long or not full of enough information, I am sorta new here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Re: New Sharp Pain Near Lower Part of Incision

I had a DiV so only have 5 small incisions. I will say that I have one that about 2 inches towards my belly button I will get pains. The spot has actually been sore most of the time since surgery. Then I find I get pains in other areas. I think most is nerves healing. I even get little shooting pains around my 2 bikini scars from 40 years ago. I know I have developed the habit of grabbing the right side of my belly any time I get up and often when standing or walking. That is the side that will hurt.

If it does get worse, any sign of swelling, then call the doctor.
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:07 PM

I had incision pains around that time. I also had the long nasty vertical incision! I went to the doc as I could feel some lumps under the incision that freaked me out. Doc said that was part of the healing process and now they are gone. You might call your doc just to check. I always go with the cautious approach!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2014, 09:49 PM

I had the same exact pain during week three and four. I had LAVH and kept ovaries. It was intense and almost unbearable. By the time my dr got me in for a sonogram then an MRI they found nothing and it went away. I have heard this type of pain happens with some, but just to be safe call your doctor. I waited a week before I called mine, which thankfully it turned out to be nothing but better safe than sorry
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:58 PM

Thank you all for your replies! I am so glad that some other people experienced something like what I am having. I am gonna give this pain until tomorrow and if I feel weird about it I will put in a call to my doctor. There are no lumps and my incision looks good so I am holding out hope it may be nerves coming back or just the healing of it all. Again thank you all so much! ! I really had no one else to really ask or talk about this with.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register