will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci hysterectomy will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci hysterectomy

Unread 11-05-2015, 07:03 PM
will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci hysterectomy

Hello, im 35 years old and scheduled for hysterectomy in December. I had a tubal ligation in 2003, I have a scar directly below belly button from it. Does anyone know if it will affect having da Vinci surgery? I'm worried about internal scarring from the previous surgery. My pre op appointment isn't until the 8th of December and I'm trying to do tons of research and ask lots of questions when I speak to doctor. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Re: will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci surgery

No one can really say for sure, but I just had a DV hysterectomy and had tons of scar tissue from 2 previous C-sections. The doctor was still able to do it. It just took a little longer and I have had to keep my catheter for about 2 weeks because most of my scar tissue was around my bladder. So I do know just because you have scar tissue does NOT mean the doctor won't be able to do it that way. I wish you well! Be sure to update us when you find out!

Nancy
Unread 11-05-2015, 09:00 PM

I had three c-sections with a tubal during one of them so the doctor had me prepared to need a catheter longer and possibly needing to open me up.

None of that happened, all looked good inside so you just never know. I was glad to be prepared just in case though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Re: will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci surgery

I had lots of scar tissue from surgeries trying to get pregnant back in the 70s. It only caused problems trying to find what was left of my ovaries and tubes. With the robotic the doctor sees not just magnified but 3D so they get a much better view of things than the naked eye.

If you are interested in that sort of thing, you can go to youtube and watch video of the surgery. There are lots of them there. I did that, then took notes for questions to ask. The one I watch the doctor put a blue gel mesh pad over the pelvic floor afterwards. I asked my doctor and he said he didn't cause he found the places that were cauterized would 'catch' on it often causing problems and/or delaying healing.
Unread 11-06-2015, 05:00 AM

Thank you for the replies, I know I'm probably just over worrying what could go wrong. Its nice to hear some positives with nerves getting worse.
Unread 11-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Re: will postpartum tubal ligation affect having da Vinci hysterectomy

Hello, I am so glad I found this post, thank you to the ladies who had posted their experiences! My surgery is booked for Dec 9th. I will be having a "TLH" I believe it is referred to. They do not do da Vinci here. I have had a lot of surgery 2 c-sections, tubal ligation, tubal reversal, 2 ectopic pg, so have been very worried about having to be "opened up" due to too much scar tissue.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register