Please, I need help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please, I need help! Please, I need help!

Unread 11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Please, I need help!

I had my hysterectomy eleven days ago on the 19th. I am healing well and I am doing really good as far as I can tell until about five days ago. My incision is very neat and clean. Never did bleed and is not painful to the touch. In fact other than the ache of a little soreness I am only having one problem. About an inch and a half above my incision I have two round spots on my stomach that get red and puffy and they are extremely painful to the touch and hurt when I move. It is mainly about a two inch circle area off to the right and off to the left but it does have a raised thinner strip (about 1/2 inch) that connects them going all the way across my stomach. It looks like huge whelps or hives or something. Very raised up from the stomach and very tender. Since my surgery removed my uterus and cervix, I think maybe these areas may be caused from my ovaries? It is about the area where they might be. I thought that since they left the ovaries that maybe they have to tie them off or something and I may be getting infected or something. I don't know. I am going to call the doctor in the morning but I am in terrible pain and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or knew what is causing this. It gets worse if I put a heating pad on it. Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated. I almost cannot even bear for my clothes to touch my skin at this point. It is terrible. Thanks for the site.

Deelyte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Please, I need help!

Hi Deelyte!

Hummm...hard to know what's up. Are you running a fever? The doctor will want to know. Seeing the MD is best. Most of the time our worry is for not BUT...it's best to get a confirmation from the Pro. Let us know the outcome!

Unread 11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Please, I need help!

Dee,
I am sorry hun. i have know idea. I am glad you are seeing the doc tomorrow. please let us know what he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Hope you get better

Hi Dee,

I f you are in terrible pain I would call my doc right now and ask if he thinks you should go into the ER just to get checked out or at least get an idea of whats going on. I am a worrier though and I don't take chances with with anything. Better for it to be nothing than something I always say, and It's probably nothing to freak over. Here's wishing you the best of luck and let us know how you're doing.

Luv and hugs,
Kristi
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:43 AM
update!

I wound up being in so much pain that I went to the ER last night. The doctor on call felt around the sore and swollen place and said he thinks it is a pulled or torn ligament. He said when they remove the uterus and cervix but leave the ovaries that they often stitch the ovaries to a ligament and that I may have pulled it. He gave me a shot of Tordol (sp?) for pain and then told me to follow up with my doctor. I called the doctor's office and they want to see me at 9:30 in the morning. I am still in a lot of pain but I am just going to lie around all of today and see if I can get through until in the morn. I remembered last night when they were asking me if I have pulled or tugged on anything that the night before last I fell in the hallway so maybe I pulled something then. Thanks for the post and the help. I will keep you posted.
Unread 12-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Please, I need help!

oops...had to delete this...I posted in the wrong thread. I meant to start a new thread. Sorry.

Hope you are feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register