Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH... Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH...

Unread 10-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Smile - Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH... Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH...

Surgery was on Oct. 1 and Im now 11 days post op. Today the stitches very close to my vaginal opening seem to be pulling and its pretty uncomfortable. Anyone had this trouble and how did you cope with the pain? I also have hemorroids that are also pretty uncomfortable. Maybe I have wiped too hard after using the toilet and I have somehow hurt the stitches? Apart from the stitches hurting I feel fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Re: Stitches hurting after Posterior Repair & TVH...

Good morning! I had A & P repair w/ monarc sling on Sept 7 2010 and went through some of the same things you are going through. I talked to my local pharmicist and she recommended Dermoplast. It worked like a charm! Hope that helps a little. Good luck to you and...REST........REST.....REST!
Unread 10-12-2010, 06:09 AM

Have you tried a sitz bath? I know it really helps the hemorrhoids. After my daughter was born, it really helped the episiotomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM

I have no idea what a sitz bath is but Im not sure I would be allowed to have a bath so soon after the surgery? I dont know what dermoplast is either but Im going to google it and see what we have here in Australia that is the same. Thanks for the input ladies. Its Wed. morning here now and although I slept well Im still feeling those stitches this morning....
Unread 10-13-2010, 06:37 AM

A sitz bath is a basin that fits into the toilet. It allows you to "soak" parts without actually getting into the tub.
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhager View Post
A sitz bath is a basin that fits into the toilet. It allows you to "soak" parts without actually getting into the tub.

Oh, I see, lol. Sounds interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I also see that we dont have dermoplast here in Aus. either.
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM

I was told to do the sitz bath in the bathtub..she said to put a folded up towel in the tub to sit on and put enough warm/hot water in the tub to come up to the perineum area. Ask your doctor about the dermoplast..she may know of something similar in australia that you can use..it helps alot...so does Tucks pads (witchhazel pads)..you pat them on the perimeum area..its an astringent and it makes the area feel alot bettter. Ask your doc about those too. They are a staple to anyone who has an episiotomy after childbirth and the doc ordered them for me after my posterior repair...have been using them since the surgery and it really helps alot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register