Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

I am a little happier this week, as the burning pain is starting to subside. I do still have my moments. It usually will start when I stand up and stretch or if I turn to the right too fast. So I have to believe it will not be much longer?? lol I found that also using naproxin prescription is helping to keep most of the pain-burn away for 12 hours. I still don't sleep through the night, but am getting more than 11/2 hours at a time like at beginning. I am sorry that some of us are having more pain or for longer recovery times. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Add me to the list of the burning pain on the left side.

It always happens when I stand up and sometimes when I stretch too far while lying down.

I hope it doesn't last too much longer. Sometimes the pain is so intense that it takes my breath away.
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
reply to burning

thank goodness, other people are saying the same thing. Thanks Lady blue eyes. I had a terrible day and night yesterday. Cried half the night.Was sure there is something really wrong and I will never get rid of this pain. I slept nearly all day yesterday, and did nothing. Actually, I have woken up this morning and it is a little better. The pain isn't lurking far away but I havén't had to take any pain killers yet. Being very careful. I decided, maybe I had done too much, even tho I feel like I do nothing!!! Add to the fact that here in South Australia, we are in the grip of a heat wave and will be for another week, I can't even go walking as it is over 37 deg C which is well over 100 F about 104 I think in your temp. At least I can tell myself I haven't done something really terrible to myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 09:07 PM

well I still have the left sided burn and somehow it is gravity related. If I stand up too long or walk too long the burn is worse. If I lye down it is gone unless I cough, sneeze, stretch or lift my laptop. I have other symthoms and health issues so I had a Cat SCAN yesterday. I will have the results this coming week. I hope they figure out what is causing this. I had no abdominal pain for the first 4 weeks, I said the hyst part of my surgery was the easy part the rest of the surgery was the big healing part. I was told to stay put for another 3-6 weeks. If this burn doesn't stop it won't be hard to lay around cause I can't do anything with this pain anyway. Well I hope everyone is on the mend.
Karen
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Burning pain follow up - new info

I have been reading with interest and replied a couple of times, regarding burning pain lower right hand just over from my incision. I am 3 weeks post (yesterday) On Wednesday I had my post op appt with my gynae. When I was told he needed to do a small internal exam I burst into tears. When we talked I told him about the burning pain, and I was too scared to be examined. He asked if he could just externally examine the area. He found "clusters". He said this was not normal and ordered an abdominal ultrasound for the next day. He also put me back on antibiotics and brufen, as I have had 2 serious infections in the last 6 weeks. Anyway, the scan showed that although there was not infection, there was a build up of fluid. I phoned my doc when I got home, as he wasn't going to get the scans until Friday (today), so I could ask if I should still take the antibiotics. He said yes, and keep on with the ibrufen, and I have an appt to see him again on 26/3. He assured me I will get better but it will take longer. Then I talked to a highly qualified midwife friend of mine, and she told me of a friend who had a tummy tuck last year, and had booked 6 wks off work. She ended up having 3 mths off as she also got fluid, but had about 1 litre, and they ended up having to drain it (in the surgery using a needle) on a number of occasions. Apparently it really eased her pain, but of course her healing was alot longer. I am finding it very emotional, and keep bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. On top of it all, here in Adelaide we are experience a heat wave. We have had temps of over 35deg Centigrade for 12 days and no relief in sight for another 5 days, last few days have been 40 deg. Think that is about 102 deg in Farenheit. So all I seem to be able to do is read, watch tv and sleep a lot. Has anyone else had this experience with fluid, I would be very interested in hearing. I kept thinking the pain was just nerve endings, but the whole left side (I had a total hyster) has been pain free, I just wish this had never happened. As I have had a major uterine infection which apparently nearly killed me, then 3 days before my op got a severe gastro bug, I am fed up. I hope someone out there can tell me something positive. I am wondering why I had this done, except I had been haemorraghing severely for a few months, and also on and off for years, and I was so run down. I wonder if that has hindered my recovery and helped cause the infections etc.
Please don't think I am trying to be negative, I am sure lots of people with this burning pain don't have the same issue, but as I said, if you had, it would be great to hear about your experience as I am desperate.

Cheers
Vicki
Unread 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Hi Dharma,
I am so sorry for all of the trouble you are experiencing. I have read other posts of women having fluid buildups also. I cannot find where I read it, but maybe if you check out the main boards you will find it. I am sorry I cannot remember, I have an old memory here, lol as well as a foggy one since the surgery. Maybe you should check with reg. DR. to see why your immunity system is so weak allowing you to get infections easily at this point. I have been taking a good multi vitamin at the request of my gyno. My burning has been getting much better as I said in the previous posts, so I hope you can take some comfort in that
As for all that hottttt weather, lol nooooo thanks, I get enough hot here in Georgia in the summer time. It's raining here today,(friday)we need all we can get since we have had a drought for 3 years. We are not allowed to use water for anything outside. We are being asked not to use too much water period!!! The lakes are really low and not sure if we will ever get them at full summer pool anytime too soon.
Let us know how your scans come out. I will be praying for you. Have a wonderful day,please try to relax and know that you can come here for a shoulder to lean upon.

Wanda
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Vicki,
I have an infection as well and have been on 2 antibiotics since my surgery on Feb. 06, 2008. Please give me a little more details as to what you had to do to get rid of them.
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:20 PM
burning sensation reply to demples

thanks for the replies. Demples, I had a hysteroscopy in Jan which they thought would stop the heavy flooding (very severe) but in about 2 days (it was day surgery, easy) I got sick and was rushed to hospital by ambulance. Turns out I had infection,not sure of name but same one that killed women in childbirth in the early days. So was on a lot of different antibiotics iv. Was in hospital 7 days. After that they said I had to have my hyster. 3 days before surgery I got a really bad gastro bug. They went ahead and did the hyster, 2 days later told me the bug was a "reportable" one, to the government. Don't know how I got it, as the weeks between first op and hyster I was home mostly in bed as was very weak from the uterine infection. While in hospital for hyster was on some anti-biotics , but then was released on day 4. Now have this severe burning, the scan says no infection but fluid, not in wound site itself, that has cleared up fine, but slightly over on the right. Doc put me on anti-biotics again and ibrufen. Anyway, today, Saturday I am in so much pain if I try to do anything, just had a shower, and sobbed all the way through.I live alone, Mum came over, wants me to go to her place, but I want to stay here with my cat......I am so tired of all this, on top of it all I now have a sore throat and don't know if it is because I have another infection, or because it's so hot here, (heat wave, day 13) that the air con has caused it.....only other thing I know is they can drain the fluid, but gyn hasn't said that yet.
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:20 PM
further reply re burning sens to sleepyhude and demples

Sorry for the abrupt ending to my previous post. My mum came over and I hit submit. Basically, I don't know why I am feeling the burning worse today, even tho on antibiotics and ibrufen. Sorry to hear you have had infection since early Feb Demples. Sometmes I wonder why I ever had this done, although the haemorraghing was unmanageable. I have had to quit my job from the Federal Govt and took my super, but will have to go back to work later in the year, as I am too young to live on the small amount of super I had accrued. I may be feeling worse today, as I think I have a sore throat infection, and am feeling very tired, even tho mum called over today and it was 10.40 am and I was still asleep.I am feeling like going back to sleep again. I am trying to be positive, which I am finding difficult, and am constantly reminded it was only 3 weeks on Thursday aI had the op, it just seems so much longer as I have been off work since 20 Jan. I am trying to take the advice of so many people on this site and just rest and not expect so much, but it is so hard, apart from boredom, and not being able to drive, having to rely on other people, it just seems overwhelming. I do appreciate the warmth and sharing of information from everyone. This is a great site,and I am going to try to be more positive this afternoon, and just rest. Although I will call my gyn on Monday if I am still feeling so much pain, instead of waiting until 26/3 esp with the 4 day Easter break, which will make me feel more alone, as do the weekends. I feel more secure on week days, although my doc has kindly given me his mobile and home number i don't like to bother him. Once again, thanks for listening, and being there, and I also hope you all are getting better, esp you Demples who sound like you are also going thru a rough time. I have been very run down for over 12 months because of constant heavy bleeding and that has probably contributed to the recurring infections.

with warmth to you all
Vicki
Unread 03-15-2008, 01:41 PM

Thank you guys so much for this discussion. I had my TAH/BSO on Valentines Day (ya-hoo!) and I have been so frustrated by all my "friends" saying things like "You shouldn't still be feeling bad...I know someone who was back to normal in a couple of weeks". I am so tired of it! I am still having that burning/tearing pain in lower left abdomen. Dr. said this past week at 4 week checkup that it was probably the anchor sutures around the nerves in that second layer of skin. I tried to go get my boys their Easter outfits and was hurting so bad after an hour of walking through Kohls that I didn't know if I could ever make it to drive home! I have rested for 2 days but still having the burning pain. Hope it goes away soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register