Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 19-Jun 25,2017 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 19-Jun 25,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 19-Jun 25,2017

Unread 06-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 19-Jun 25,2017

I had my surgery Monday morning. Robotic assisted with just 3 little holes. They took it all, plus my appendix. The doctor warned that menopause should kick in within a week. Everything is healing wonderfully. I've had awful shoulder pain, and my stomach is gurgling with plenty of gas there, too. That's really the worst of it though.

I had dreaded the removal of the Foley catheter, but it was painless. Whew! I managed to not need pain meds in the hospital, but after getting home, that shoulder pain was really bad, so I've taken hydrocodone for it.

I'm thankful for this site and all the advice for dealing with the gas issues. It looks like it should only last a few days anyway.

My husband took a vacation week to baby me, and we've been watching Man in the High Castle to distract me. It almost feels like a vacation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Post Op day 2

So just an update on me,
Surgery went well on Monday although I don't remember being in the PACU at all. I slowly started coming around when they were wheeling me to my room on the LDRP floor. Between the pain and discomfort and having a catheter in, I was only napping a couple hours at a time and they usually coincided with my IV pain med. I didn't do too bad with those. They had it scheduled for every 2hrs for pain level 4-10. They were piggybacking it with motrin every 6 hrs so I was able to stretch the narcotic to about every 4hrs later on monday evening. I came home yesterday afternoon and almost immediately took a nap on the couch. I had a little bit for dinner and successfully took a shower on my own which left me completely exhausted. I wasn't quite prepared for the level of exhaustion I experienced with just a shower. I am also quite sore especially down below. I feel pretty swollen in that area and my belly feels a little hard as well. It still feels weird to urinate but I think that's a combo of having the catheter and being swollen. I didnt really pass any gas but once they gave me ginger ale I did quite a bit of burping in the hospital. I did have a small bowel movement this morning which took awhile as I was advised to not strain at all. Definitely feeling a ittle more tired and sore with some pain today but the doctor said days like this will come and go. One day I may feel okay and the next day my body just may want me to sleep but overall to listen to my body as it will tell me what it needs. Listen to your bodies ladies. I hope everyone has a successful surgery and recovery and remember to drink plenty of fluids during your recovery and rest!
Unread 06-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 19-Jun 25,2017

Hello everyone. I had the partial hysterectomy (Di-Vinci). I was super surprised at how fast it all went. Surgery got underway by 10:30 and I was home by 4:30. I am pretty tender and very tired, but not at all what I ecpected. God bless all you recovering ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2017, 03:11 PM

Hello my precious hystersisters! After a very rough night in the hospital and making the night nurse scared to come in my room I'm resting comfortably at home. I had trouble keeping anything down and had to go back on IV pain meds to get through the night. Right when the change over came for the nurses I pretty much puked like the exorcist... But was well enough to go home. I had a total davinci hysterectomy leaving my ovaries. My fibroid was larger than my uterus and she discovered I had endometriosis.
What helped me pre op was getting versed and not remembering anything. Post op in the hospital bed with it tilted up, laying on your side with an ice pack and pillow to hug. Walk as much as you can tolerate!! The post op panties help too.
You have every right to get your pain under control, mine wasn't and I am so glad to be home in a calm relaxing environment with my hubby.
Good luck those of you waiting for surgery, it is going to lift a weight off your shoulders. To those of us who are in recovery I will pray you are comfortable, spoiled and healing like the princesses you are!
Unread 06-21-2017, 03:42 PM

I had my LAVH/BSO with a Bladder Sling yesterday. According to my doctor it was the hardest surgery yet for him I. The last 45 years of practice! It took way longer than expected, because my ovaries were very high up and I lost a lot of blood. I'm still at the hospital having a blood transfusion right now and hoping I get to go home later. I have been in a lot of pain from gas and can't walk around yet. All in all I think I feel okay and am sure glad it is over!
Unread 06-21-2017, 04:02 PM

: I'm glad you are doing good, even though you're still in the hospital. I pray you'll recover quickly and be home where you can rest. The right surgeon makes all the difference.
Unread 06-21-2017, 04:31 PM

I had my surgery yesterday morning and wasn't discharged until this afternoon. No complications, the hospital's standard practice is overnight. The pain is different from what I expected. More tightness and soreness than pain. Overall much better than I imagined. Thanks to this website, I impressed my doctor with my knowledge of the procedure and recovery expectations.

So glad to be on this side of surgery. I plan on keeping activities to a minimum for the next few days. Nothing more strenuous than walking around my apartment.

Wishing all a healthy recovery
Unread 06-21-2017, 06:47 PM

Hi I am still in hospital. My surgery was Tuesday morning Australia time.I can stay as long as I want but will go home tomorrow morning Friday.I had a TVH and A and P repairs. I had a complication with the anethestic due to a rare anatomical structure in my trachea that was unknown and very thankful I had an experienced fellow who knew what to do .The actual surgery went well.I was high and sleepy on Tuesday night and thankful for the catheter .Wednesday was a different story very nauseous and vomiting I beleive due to pain meds.They tried all the anti nausea drugs and when I was feeling reasonable I had dry crackers managed a plate of sandwiches last night.They gave me a drink of something to move the gas last night so spent the night rubbing my tummy and drinking peppermint tea and refused pain meds other than paracetamol I am doing much better today and need to sleep.They took the catheter out and I am weeing and pooing now and have an appetite.Walking more today but exhausted after my shower.So will rest now.Just saw the doctor and all good said I looked a hundred percent better than yesterday .My care here has been fantastic and grateful the worst seems to be over and I have turned the first corner.All the best to you all and I will continue to pray for your recoveries
Unread 06-22-2017, 12:15 AM

Hello ladies!
I had my DaVinici hysterectomy, removing tubes, cervix and uterus, but keeping ovaries, yesterday around 11:30 am. I don't remember anything until waking up in recovery around 2:30pm.
I was planning to go home last night, but I was not able to urinate, so they kept me overnight. I wake up every 1-2 hours. I am taking percoset for the pain. Very crampy/tight feeling in my pubic/lower abdomen. Not really what i was expecting, but it is okay.
Looking forward to morning and going home!
Unread 06-22-2017, 12:24 AM

Just wrapping up first day, post surgery. Dr told my husband that it was a textbook procedure that only took 1.5 hrs. Woke up very itchy and rubbing my eyes, which I vaguely remember! Nurse put some goop in my eyes and gave benadryl, which helped. Felt a lot of pressure on my bladder, but was pretty comfortable otherwise. Couldn't pee at first and bladder was REALLY full. Started drinking diet soda, which did the trick! Sent home by 7pm after 10:30 Surgery start time.

Woke up this morning and could feel the pain in my incisions. Hard to stand up straight, as the most painful was right in my belly button...yowza! Taking Advil and Oxy, every 6 hours. Still hurts, but helps me sleep. No gas pains at all, or nausea. They gave me a patch to put behind my ear the night before, so that probably is what saves me from feeling sick. Very little bleeding at all!

I haven't been very hungry, so I've had a couple of bananas, bowl of cheerios and some gluten free crackers. I'm hesitant to put more food into my stomach than that. Have not pooped yet, but don't feel like I need to either.

Getting up pulls at incisions, but that's about it. I take advantage of trips to bathroom to do an extra lap around house. I'm drinking a ton of water, which has me up and down out of bed, ug!

If I still haven't pooped by tomorrow, I will drink my Smooth Move tea, which I took before the surgery. Does the trick every time! Even with swelling, my tummy looks and feels flatter than it was. No longer feel like I have a bowling ball in my gut! Fibroid was 8 or 9 cm.

Hope to be taking easy walks around the neighborhood by next week. Hope everyone has as easy of a time with this as I've had. Knock on wood!

Cheers!

Stephenie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register