Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 31-Aug 06,2017 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 31-Aug 06,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 31-Aug 06,2017

Unread 08-06-2017, 06:56 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 31-Aug 06,2017

Surgery on Aug 4 for Uterovaginal prolapse and hysterectomy.
All went well and I was discharged after one overnight in hospital.
Am taking OTC ibuprofen 600mg so maybe that's why I'm happy to report I feel no pain. Am very aware of the tiredness that accompanies this surgery. Am also grateful for this site and all the useful info from the "sisters".
Peace and health to all.
emm213
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 31-Aug 06,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_chocolate View Post
Welcome sis! I had my surgery the same day! Rest up and take short walks! Healing and prayers
Thanks!!! Doing well so far: not on any pain meds as I hate the loopy feeling they give. I got s compression girdle thing and that seems to help a lot when moving around!!
Unread 08-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all finding peace and feeling well!
I am five days into my recovery and am surprised that I am still experiencing nausea occasionally and general malaise. I still have occasional cramping and pain. Overall I just don't feel like myself yet. I also have the added worry/concern of my cancer diagnosis. That's hard to write!
I'm taking it easy and trying hard not to worry or over do anything.
Peace and hugs to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobooBekki View Post
I had an emergency Total Hysterectomy with both Fallopian tubes removed on 8/1. My left Fallopian tube had twisted and become necrotic and was completely black and caused the worst pain I have ever felt!

4 Days out and I am still super tired. My mom came to visit and I felt I had to stay awake to not be rude, but honestly all I wanted to do was nap. I have a few other family members coming Next week to bring me to Doctor's appointments. How rude am I if I don't want to visit with them, but just need the rides?
I feel bad, but I almost would call Uber to avoid having to "entertain". I know they would be fine if I took a nap, I would just be uncomfortable doing it.
Also I had been feeling pretty good so I decided not to have my husband set an alarm to give me pain meds every three hours. We slept from approx midnight to 9:30. 1st full nights rest in almost a week for either of us. Unfortunately I was in quite a bit of pain this morning and it took more pain meds to make me feel ok again.
I am wondering how everyone else is doing weening themselves off of the pain meds. I was prescribed Oxycodone 5m (Percocet without the Tylenol). I was told to take 1-2 every 3 hours, along with Hydroxizine every 6 hours and Advil and Tylenol. The 2 Percocet with the Hydroxizine usually help keep the edge off, and keep me from trying to do too much. I was given 45 of the Oxycodone. Even skipping doses and taking the 1 vs the 2 every 3 hours, I am almost out. I think I have enough to get through tomorrow and possibly until I see the Doc on Monday. I am worried that due to the huge crack down on pain killers, expecially here in MN where there has been a large number of opioide related deaths, that they may not renew my Rx. I don't want to be labeled as a drug seeker, but I know that as of right now they are the only things taking the edge off of the pain.
I should mention that I also have Fibromayalgia and tend to feel pain more intense and longer than most people do.
I feel like a grouch. "Just give me pills and let me sleep". LOL.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Bekki,

Sorry you had to jump into this with no time to prepare! Glad they correctly diagnosed your pain and got you taken care of.

It is very acceptable to take a nap when people are there, but I understand why it's tough to feel ok about it. Try letting people know ahead of their visit that you may need to nap when they are there and suggest they come with a book or something so they don't get bored if you need to drift off. Explain that sleep doesn't always come when you wish due to medications, pain and other stuff so that you MUST grab it when you can.

Hopefully that will help you feel better about checking out instead of entertaining people. Also, if I can't avoid a visit, I try to work in the word 'short' near the word 'visit' as often as possible

Hugs!
Debbie
Unread 08-06-2017, 09:53 AM

On day 4 and as I've backed off of the pain medications, I have noticed some of my "lesser pains" are starting to make themselves known.

My pubic area feels fairly painful. After talking to my husband and researching a bit, I have realized it is due to some of the things that happened during the vaginal extraction. I had not been icing the pubic area. I strongly recommend you consider icing your pubic area if there is any possibility that you have bruising there!

I'm still in the window for ice pack application after the surgery, but after a few more days I'll probably try a heating pad since that should help bring blood to the area and hopefully help break down the bruises.

Keep on resting y'all!
Debbie
Unread 08-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm213 View Post
Surgery on Aug 4 for Uterovaginal prolapse and hysterectomy.
All went well and I was discharged after one overnight in hospital.
Am taking OTC ibuprofen 600mg so maybe that's why I'm happy to report I feel no pain. Am very aware of the tiredness that accompanies this surgery. Am also grateful for this site and all the useful info from the "sisters".
Peace and health to all.
emm213
Emm,

Glad you are home and have joined us here in recovery land. Get some good rest and drink lots of water!

Let us know how you're feeling when you get past the 'just let me sleep' stuff.

Hugs,
Debbie
Unread 08-06-2017, 10:14 AM

Good afternoon ladies,
Day 4 and feeling quite well. Taking Motrin only as doctor said to take that for at least 5 days regardless to pain. I think to reduce inflammation. I only have minor twinges. Resting and walking.
Husband has become ill with flu, fluid build up between lung and ribcage. Also evidence of a small clot in area. So we're taking verything slower. Back to doctor for him tomorrow. This time I'm going along. I'll inform them of my surgery and ask for a chair.
Rest well everyone! Have a calm quiet Sunday!
Unread 08-06-2017, 10:38 AM

I had a total hysterectomy with tubes on Aug. 3rd. Laprascopic. They had to call in a general surgeon because my bowels had adhered to a previous incision. So I was under 3.5 hours instead of 2. Day one was rough. My nurse was not getting my pain under control. Finally after shift change my new nurse got me on hydra morph and naproxen. I couldent eat until the following day, and had all the tubes. Including a terribly placed iv. Needless to say the second my pain was managed I got on the check points to get myself discharged! Ive been home now for two nights. Resting well. Drinking lots of fluid, taking arnica around the clock, and down to naproxen twice a day. Now my only fear is my vagina falling out, anyone else?
Unread 08-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Hi Ladies: just checking in and hoping everyone is doing well. Worse part continues to be gas for me. Have had loose BMs since Thursday morning. Cant keep water down, which is all I usually drink, so drinking gatorade, hot chamomile tea and ensure protein. Have a little toast and mashed potatoes here and there. Absent the gas issues, which is resulting in poor sleep, weakness and lack of appetite, i would be doing fine. Trying to walk as much as my strength allows. Wishing all of you a speedy recovery!
Unread 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Hi ButterflySis!
I too am having loose bm's which is not anymore fun then being constipated. I guess we can't win! I'm the same food wise, the only things that sound good are bread and soup. Although I did have half a cucumber sandwich for lunch today. Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register