Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

Unread 09-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

I was so special that my friend and her husband came by to pray for me before the surgery. I had my husband there, a cousin and his friend, two other cousins! That's quite a lot of moral support and I'm so thankful for that! I'm eight days post-surgery! The first thing my husband told me was from the doctor! "You're cancer free!" Relief, thankfulness, a new breathe swept over me! The ovaries were taken, the tubes, cervix and uterus. I'm so glad I don't have them to be a problem anymore!
Now the recovery! Nausea has been my problem. I ate too much the first day out of the hospital and learned my lesson there. I've treated myself to juice popcicyles, cold water, a slushee!
This morning I had a small bowl of oatmeal, no butter, dry toast. Once the nausea is completely gone, I'll get back on my blood pressure meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Exactly 1 week post op, I'm feeling much better than I have been. I started classes yesterday for my GED, yesterday was rough, felt really nauseous and tired. Today I just feel tired. But not in as much pain. Finally had a bowel movement this morning and have been able to go longer without pain meds. So hopefully I'm on the way to feeling so much better
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:05 PM

I also had my surgery on 9/11.
I am experiencing some more pain in the vaginal area today as well. I also assumed it could be that I over did it yesterday.
I also realized I hadn't taken any ibuprofen for over 15 hours- I had been tksing thrm oretty regularly.
I hope you continue to improve!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2017, 05:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

It's been comforting reading everyone's stories to know there are others out there in the same situation. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

I had a TAH on Sept. 12. They found cancer on one of the ovaries and in my uterus and I'm waiting for the pathology to come back as they weren't sure about the kind of cancer during the initial frozen section. I've been close to the phone this week as they have said it would take 1-2 weeks to get the pathology back.

Healing is going okay. I'm more mobile than I thought I'd be and able to take little walks. The pain is manageable most times but for some reason is much worse at night and I still haven't been able to sleep through the night as I wake up in pain often. I try to take my meds every 4 hours religiously at night to get ahead of the pain but it doesn't always work. I'm also getting frustrated with the Lovenox (blood thinner) injections that I have to do daily. They sting like crazy and just add another annoying component to the whole experience. I also have a bit of head fog and fullness in one ear with the sound of my heartbeat. Again, I know there are worse things, but just annoying!

Looking forward to seeing how I feel in Week 2. Wishing you all better days ahead!
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:43 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 11-Sep 17,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidilynn74 View Post
I occasionally have the burning sensation I'm only days 4 post-op and my Dr told me it's from when she had to cut through my nerves. It's my nerves causing the burning sensation. As for the gas pains, I learned that Gas-X did/does anything for my gas pains. But years ago my fiancé's grandma told us to take Papaya Tablets after each meal. Day 2 post-op I had horrific gas pains. I wanted to go back to the hospital. It was so God awful. Gas-X didn't work and neither did walking. So I sent him to the local pharmacy to get Papaya Enzymes. I now chew 3 after each meal, I have not had any gas pains since. As for the sterile strips, I cannot help you there because I'm only begging Day 4 post op and all mine are still fastly secured.
Thanks so much for the reply. I actually called my nurse friend today who works in surgery and she says to leave the steri strips on until they fall off on their own. I had another friend who got an infection at week 2 so I'm going to be very safe and leave them on and also not over do things...easier said than done!!
I will see if I can find the papaya pills!!
Best wishes in your recovery!
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:46 PM

Anyone driven or taken a car ride yet?
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyPetter View Post
Not TMI - this is a big problem... I'm glad you shared because I'm about to join you! Stool softeners have not helped at all. Heating pad, laying on my side, pacing the floor, water till I'm floating, and Activia... Nothing! This is day 4 for me - I'm not eating solid food again till I poop or I may explode! Milk of Magnesia, here I come.
Good I hope it helped!! It was the only thing that made me feel human again!!
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliecat45 View Post
Yesterday I had a car ride to my Drs to have my staples out it was 20 min plus. Is want great but wasn't horrible. I was having a good day and decided after the apt to walk around a few stores at the mall (my Drs office is attached). DONT TRY IT. I paid for it dearly last night. Pain and the water works started out of nowhere. I was so wheepy. I think due to the fact I realized that this is going to be a long road to feeling normal again.
Today I drove to a Tim Hortons for coffee. But it was only 5 min away.
My Drs nurse said don't drive until you can stomp your feet on the ground without pain.
I could do that today but again I am sore tonight
Long story long when you feel better week two don't chage anything that you did from week one!!! Lol.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I've ridden in the car for up to 20 min at a time, but I'm still taking oxy so no driving for me. Riding is ok as long as there are no sharp turns or quick stops.
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I took a short ride as a passenger yesterday & drove a few mikes today. It is surprising home much effort it does take! Especially when braking.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register