Hyst scheduled for April 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst scheduled for April 24 Hyst scheduled for April 24

Unread 04-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Hyst scheduled for April 24

I am having a hysterectomy on April 24th, I have had many surgeries on other things and had an ablation two weeks ago that didn't work because my Uterus was punctured. I have a large uterus and am having a LAVH. Could a large uterus prevent a vaginal hysterectomy or is it possible I will have to have an abdominal? Also, I am not able to have kids without C-section due to a small pelvis. Anyone with help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 08:15 AM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I just wanted to tell you that I am having surgery the same day and will be thinking about you that day. Good Luck with everything.
Unread 04-21-2007, 09:15 AM
all I can say

Hi Sox,
All I can say is, my doc. talked about cutting my uterus into smaller pieces to get it out of my vagina if she needed to. She didn't have to, but it was considered. I know with some of the lap. versions they do that too. HOWEVER, your Dr. is the best one to make that decision. There's a lot more to consider than the size alone.

Write out a list of questions to take to the Dr. When I was researching all this, I kept a piece of paper by the computer and wrote down ?s as I thought of them. It's easy to forget stuff when you're actually in the office.

Good luck on the decisions. LJC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 09:20 AM

My doc said because my uterus is too large he has to do the abdominal. I said cut it up, you are just gonna toss it out anyway. He said that is not the only problem for me. He stated that since I never had a child vaginally, or any other way, my uterus has not come down and he cannot reach up around it to get it. I said, well gravity will help. He said no. So on 4/26 I am having an abdominal kind.
Unread 04-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Thank you so much for your encouragement and information. I am nervous, but I guess that is to be expected. I also wish you good luck Priness_Franks and will be thinking of you too. I will ask my doctor before my surgery about these issues.
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:10 AM

I do think you need to ask the Doctor.. things vary so much from one to another. But I too wanted to wish you luck and let you know I will be thinking of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register