My first post -- Fibroids - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My first post -- Fibroids My first post -- Fibroids

Unread 06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
My first post - Fibroids

Hi Cathy,

Nice to meet you too! We cheeseheads have to stick together!

There is certainly no need to feel guilty. Everyone's situation is different. With such a close family history of cancer and all the other findings, I can certainly understand why you would have the surgery. Of course you're nervous. I would imagine it is much harder to accept the idea of a big surgery when you don't FEEL the need for it. That takes courage. Good luck to you.

CatherineT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
My first post -- Fibroids

hi Catherine...I have fibroids of 10 and 9 centimters, and multiples as well in the uterine wall. I have been plagued with them for years. Although I no longer bleed (I am 55) I will be very happy to get this extra bulk removed.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip, get some relaxation for your upcoming surgery.

Yes, I am nervous...any prayers you might have would be welcome! I will keep you in mine!

karen in New york City
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
My first post - Fibroids

Thanks for the reply, Karen. I am SO looking forward to relaxing in Hawaii. We did not want to go the crowded resort route, so we have rented a private house. It is 6 acres away from the nearest neighbor, has an outdoor 6-person hot tub, and is about a 10 minute stroll to the beach. Especailly knowing what I will face when I get home, I plan to REALLY relax when I'm there!

I appreciate your prayers and will keep you in mine.
CatherineT
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
My first post -- Fibroids

Have fun in Hawaii! Very jealous! I had a series of Lupron injections when they first dagnosed endometriosis. I did great with them. Didn't have periods for a year but did have some really bad hot flashes. It was worth it to me though.
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
My first post - Fibroids

Thanks surgerynurse. I'm glad to hear the Lupron wasn't too bad for you. I was apprehensive about taking it, but I felt a little better when my doctor told me that in 11 years of practice, she has only had one patient who would not take it again. I'm glad I only had to take one 3-month injection. I don't know how long it takes for side effects to set in, but I haven't had any so far...then again, it's only been 8 days.
CatherineT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register