Anyone Having an LSH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Having an LSH? Anyone Having an LSH?

Unread 04-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Anyone Having an LSH?

I am! The Wizzard thinks its the best thing. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

The pressure of not missing 6-8 weeks of work and knocking it down to 3 weeks takes a financial load off.

Not to mention the hospital stay is only 2 days! Whoo Hoo!!

I found out yesterday that I am having this done on April 27th Not much time to get ready, but I will..

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting CLOSER!!!

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Anyone Having an LSH?

Hi Stacy --

I'm scheduled for LSH on June 27th. Depending on how severe my endo and adhesions are, there is a chance they'll have to open me up and do a SAH, but my surgeons are hopeful they can do it laparoscopically.

I've been through three laps previously, so I'm thrilled that they can do the hyst this way. I know the recovery will be longer than with my prior laps just because of the amount of internal work they're going to do, but not having to deal with a big abdominal incision will make the recovery that much easier.

There are a few post-op ladies who have recently gone through LSH, so they'll probably respond to your post as well. It seems as though we're definitely in the minority here, but the numbers are growing!

Best wishes!

Unread 04-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Anyone Having an LSH?

I will be having L.S.H. on Arril 27th aswell. I am starting to get quite nervous. There are some great ladies on the site whom have been most helpful with their experiences and knowledge. A few and 2 in particular have beem my inspiration and really do help me to alleviate some fear. Let me know what yours surgery is for - mine is for fibroids and of course before the 3 lupron injections for very heavy bleeding/hemmoraging.
We must consider ourselves lucky that we are candidates for this minimally invasive surgery.

Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register