Tomorrow is the day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the day Tomorrow is the day

Unread 10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Tomorrow is the day

Hi all! I am new here and would like some advice before my big day which is tomorrow. I am scheduled to go in first thing and I can't get my ovaries off my mind. I am only 26 years old and this just seems kind of young to me to be having surgery. It is so important to me that I keep my ovaries, simply because I am too young to go into menopause and because I have two babies under the age of 2. I want to be 100% for them soon. Anyone here had one at my age and did you keep your ovaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Tomorrow is the day

Hi epage and welcome!

I'm 34 and did keep one ovary. I felt the same way, that I was too young to have it removed. I do not have kids, however.

It's a tough decision, I know. For me, I discussed it at great length with my dr. I decided that if one was healthy then I wanted to keep it. I knew for certain the other one was not healthy and it had to go. I know the risks of keeping my one healthy ovary and that I may have to go back later and have it removed. For me, those risks are continuing growth of endo, ovarian cysts and adhesions.

You should talk it over with your doctor and do what feels right for you. Your doctor should be able to give you the risks and benefits of keeping them vs. not keeping them.

Good luck with your decision and welcome to this site! You'll find lots of support, understanding, and information here!

Marianne
Unread 10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Tomorrow is the day

Hi,

I am thirty and am going to have a complete hysterectomy soon.
I had one ovary removed during my last laporscope.
My doctor says not having ovaries is as bad as we might think. Plus I can take hormones if needed.

I considered keeping my left ovary, but for my situation it seems best to take everything out.

Good luck!

Anomis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Tomorrow is the day

I am 28 and I kept both ovaries. My doctor said that both of my ovaries looked very healthy and there was no need to remove them because of my age. If you have problems with your ovaries, then they should be removed, but most doctor's will try not to because you are so young.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register