Tuesday is it and I am really scared!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tuesday is it and I am really scared!! Tuesday is it and I am really scared!!

Unread 04-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Tuesday is it and I am really scared!!

Tuesday is the big day and I am getting so scared about everything! This is not my first surgery but for some reason I keep thinking about the "what if's" and all of the complications that could happen. I have even went through a time that I wanted to cancel it because I was so scared. I am sure I will be a nervous wreck that morning and that bothers me bacause my parents will be there with my husband and I am afraid that if my father sees me so upset it will upset him and he has heart 'roblems and he really dosen't need to get upset. I will just be glad when it is over! How did some of you get over your fears? Thanks, I don't know what I would do without this board!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2005, 11:42 AM

My day is Tuesday also. I'm feeling exactly the same way you are. I just keep reminding myself that I'm going to a good hospital, I have a great surgeon, and after I'm recovered I'm going to feel good again. I'm still scared stiff, but if I focus on the positive I can handle my fears. All our Princess sisters say that waiting is the hardest part...I'm sure it's true. Best of luck for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. I know you'll do great!

Murphy Brown
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Ladies, I have you beat by one day. I will go in on 4/11. I am having anxiety attacks, but I feel that it is all for the better. I am praying that we all have a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. My blood pressure is rising, and I am having a headache. I don't think I am coming to work tomorrow, because I really have to prepare myself mentally. Good luck, and when I am finally waking up from surgery, I will think of you guys on your journey as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2005, 01:28 PM

I will be praying for all of you ladies!!!!
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:38 PM

Thank you so much. There is nothing better than the power of prayer.
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:47 PM

I have to say I was scared right up until I was out of surgery. (One moment you're scared, the next, you're waking up again!) I really think it's just fear of the unknown. Each time you have surgery it's a little different. Just know that medicine is so advanced and they take so many precausions. You wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't the right thing for you and your doctor wouldn't be either.
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Good luck to you all and just think this time next week it will all
be over and you will be on your way to recovery. Your in my
prayers also.
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:55 PM

So true. I am trying to pump myself up emotionally, and again this site is a gem. I have found myself on it a lot since my surgery is scheduled for Monday. I am having a big bbq on Saturday, and then will wind down on Sunday anticipating the Monday departure for the hospital for check in at 08:00. It is so real now.
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:05 PM

My surgery is tomorrow, and I've been very freaked out. All I had to look forward to was this big, unpleasant, scary blob of time.
But I woke up today feeling as if I could handle this, just a piece at a time, now that I'm finally here. I hope the feeling stays with me as I get to what is for me the worst part of the bowel prep (I hate drinking that stuff).

I have a sort of 'theme song', something that makes me feel energized and ready to get it done. I'm playing it all the way to the hospital tomorrow, whether DH likes it or not!

I hope things go well for all of you and the lurkers like me who have been reading but not posting!
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:14 PM

I don't have to have a bladder prep. My doc just said nothing after midnight on Sunday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register