31 days post hysterectomy (12/8): Getting Fit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

31 days post hysterectomy (12/8): Getting Fit 31 days post hysterectomy (12/8): Getting Fit

Unread 01-08-2015, 02:14 PM
31 days post hysterectomy (12/8): Getting Fit

Today is 31 days after my surgery. Since I live in Ontario Canada, and it's cold as all get out, I tried doing a walking dvd. I must say it was nice to be indoors in this cold weather! My question is this... The DVD starts out with marching in place then gets more challenging after about 10 minutes. Should I just be sticking to the walking/ marching for now being that I don't go for my 6 week until January 22/15? It felt so good and I don't want to over do it, yet the temptation is there to push myself a little bit. Advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Re: Getting Fit

Given that you've said it's a "walking DVD," I'm not sure what you mean by "more challenging." If they want you to walk on your hands, that's probably not a good idea at this point. ;-)

I had the good luck to do my recovery in June. At four weeks, I was out hiking hilly, wooded trails for an hour or two at a time. My post-op appt was at four weeks and my doc cleared me for running, cycling and swimming but *not* for lifting more than 30 lbs or using an exercise machine.

If you've got questions about specific motions, I'd suggest calling your doc.
Unread 01-08-2015, 03:42 PM

Follow the advice of your doctor. Each woman's surgery and recovery is different.

Have patience, you will get back to being active soon enough. I'm four months post op, and finally feel like my energy levels are back to normal. And I'm fitter than before Surgery. I'm up to running 10k, and planning a half marathon before the end of the year. But I'm glad I rested well the first two months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2015, 04:12 PM

If you're not sure, watch to see what they do and then call the dr and ask if its ok.
Unread 02-04-2015, 09:04 AM

Hello .. im 7 weeks post-op (TAH) i was cleared for running/excercise/cycling at 6 weeks .. I have had a relatively good recovery minor hiccups on the way (Secondary infections & hematomas) .. i put my recovery down to my nurse (No nonsense type) who got me out of bed on day two walking the corridors of the ward, then progressing to up/down stairs. I have never felt healthier than i do now, i may have been fit from running etc before op but i wasn't a healthy fitness, I must have lived in a complete fog with the pain.

I, like SurpriseInNB, was walking good distances at four weeks … just listen to your body, most importantly rest on the days you don't exercise, it will all come back in time, hang in there.
Unread 02-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Re: 31 days post hysterectomy (12/8): Getting Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHair View Post
Today is 31 days after my surgery. Since I live in Ontario Canada, and it's cold as all get out, I tried doing a walking dvd. I must say it was nice to be indoors in this cold weather! My question is this... The DVD starts out with marching in place then gets more challenging after about 10 minutes. Should I just be sticking to the walking/ marching for now being that I don't go for my 6 week until January 22/15? It felt so good and I don't want to over do it, yet the temptation is there to push myself a little bit. Advice?
I was back to doing my walk at home DVDs two weeks post op. I just held my belly while doing it, and things went wonderful!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register