home after 48 hrs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home after 48 hrs home after 48 hrs

Unread 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM
home after 48 hrs

i had my tvh on the 2nd aug 2006 , all went well , hardly no pain , just tire very easily. the staff at campbelltown public were wonderful. i am a very happy woman (no more long and heavy periods)i was home just after 48 hrs. unfortunatly you dont get much rest at hosp. so i pleaded to go home to my own soft bed.i found this site very helpful to calm my nerves as i was unusually very calm on the morning of the op.well im tired now i have to go back to bed. but to all you girls waiting dont worry be happy. you will wonder why you were so nervous ,. i recommend it to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
home after 48 hrs

It's good to hear that all went well and that you're home and resting. Keep on being a good princess. Get lots of rest, take short easy walks and

s
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:34 AM
home after 48 hrs

Hi Angelannie, I had my vaginal hysterctomy on 3rd august 2006 and was home on 5th august. was a little sore at first but can walk around now and take just 2 painkillers in the morning and 2 at night. When i have a nap in the afternoon I find I cant get to sleep for ages at night.
I had my op at the QE2 in Brisbane and they where great. All the staff looked after me and there was never a moment that a nurse was not in site. I have been celebrating everytime i go the ladies because i was very anxious of not getting constapated because of the stitches on the rear wall due to the rectocele being cut away. But all went well and i am pottering around the house with my husband running after me.
Its 9.30pm now and i am of to bed.
Best Regards
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
home after 48 hrs

hi pat
i am so glad your op went well . i find i have no trouble sleeping, in fact i wish i didnt sleep so much. i get exhusted so quickly and a little bit ikky. but hey no pain (yeh). you keep on getting better in leaps and bounds.
love angelannie
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:06 PM
home after 48 hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelannie
i had my tvh on the 2nd aug 2006 , all went well , hardly no pain , just tire very easily. the staff at campbelltown public were wonderful. i am a very happy woman (no more long and heavy periods)i was home just after 48 hrs. unfortunatly you dont get much rest at hosp. so i pleaded to go home to my own soft bed.i found this site very helpful to calm my nerves as i was unusually very calm on the morning of the op.well im tired now i have to go back to bed. but to all you girls waiting dont worry be happy. you will wonder why you were so nervous ,. i recommend it to anyone.
Hi,
Am so glad that all went well for you. I too had a TVH on Aug. 2nd and hardly have pain unless I do to much. Then I have pain........ But feel great today......
God Bless,
TARa
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:31 PM
home after 48 hrs

hi tara
i thought i would be in a lot of pain but im glad im not.
i am glad for you as well, i just feel tired today.
best wishes angelannie
Unread 08-08-2006, 11:54 PM
home after 48 hrs

Hi there angelannie

Another downunder lady. Good to see all went well with your op. Don't worry about feeling washed out, that will happen on and off over the next few weeks. It doesn't take much to wear you out newly post-op. I was the perfect pampered princess. Took it super easy whilst I was able to get away with it

Keep reading and posting on the boards. This site was my life saver both pre and post op. I think I would have had my dr's number on speed dial if it had been for the information I was able to learn from the other women who post on this board.

Cheers
Unread 08-10-2006, 03:47 AM
home after 48 hrs

Hi Angelannie, Its been 7 days and its gone so fast. I am feeling well and dont have much pain just in the morning and the middle of the afternoon, getting a numb bum a lot i bought a ring cushion but i cant get comfy on it. This site is fantastic all the answers to my questions are here. I would have been back and too to the dr if it was not for hystersisters. The only thing i want to know is how long to stay around the house, when can tony my husband take me for a drive. I am itching to get out.
I hope you are feeling well and still getting enough rest.

Best Regards
Pat
Unread 08-10-2006, 04:14 AM
home after 48 hrs

Hi Teabag 17,

I went into town with my hubby the day after getting out of hospital although I did have a pillow under my bottom and one place between the seatbelt and my tummy. While I enjoyed the outing as I felt well and had little pain, I must say it was exhausting at the time. So really it just depends how your feeling. Just be sure it's only a short drive to start with otherwise you could end up very sore.

Speedy recovery to all...........Karen
Unread 08-10-2006, 04:40 AM
home after 48 hrs

hi teabag 17,
i went i my 1st outing today,but only to the dr.it felt good to leave the house, but i was glad when i got home (i got so tired)my back aches a lot so i am very lucky that my daughter gives me a lot of massages . i had some of my grandchildren visit today it was awful not been able to pick them up, the little one does not understand the others ask 20 questions. and my dh has been trying his best as i can be a little anul when it comes to cleaning, god bless him.but i have been well looked after, i hope you all have been pampered and loved.
best wishes angelannie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register