surgery getting closer and i'm getting more scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery getting closer and i'm getting more scared surgery getting closer and i'm getting more scared

Unread 06-13-2011, 07:25 AM
surgery getting closer and i'm getting more scared

My surgery date is June 29th, 16 sleeps away and im getting more scared as the days go by. I'm really struggling with the fact I can't have another baby and that post surgery I wont be able to do much for a while.
I'm a stay at home mum to 3 kids and am so worried about how they are going to cope with me gone and then with me at home but not able to do anything. I have explained it to them the best I can for their ages, (10, 8 & 5), but I still know that it is going t be hard for them.
I worry about my husband coping with everything, even though I know that he is capable of doing it all, I know it will still be a hard time for him.
I worry that I won't get everything done that I need to in time before my surgery day, house cleaned and organised etc.
Then I also worry that the surgery won't help me a all. I am suspected of having Adenomyosis, although my gyno didn't tell me this. When I started having a severe burning sensation in my uterus, I googled to find out about it and came across adenomyosis. I meant to ask him about it when I saw him to book in for my hysterectomy but forgot. When I was filling in the hospital forms, I noticed that he has put my diagnosis as adenomyosis. All my symptoms fit it, especially after reading other woman's stories of how it has affected them. But I still worry that perhaps that is not the problem.
I don't know whether it is me just being scared and nervous but everything just feels like to much for me right now.
I worry that as it get's closer I am going to just breakdown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Re: surgery getting closer and i'm getting more scared

Hiya dear sister! I must tell you, I am 5 months post op and I have not felt this fabulous in years! Here is my story...I hope this helps.

I must say...I never thought I would get through this whole process. Waiting for my surgery was the most horrible thing I have ever had to deal with and I am a cancer survivor. I had a partial removal of my right breast because of cancer at the age of 27 and it was NOTHING like I experienced with this process of a hysterectomy. It was so easy, emotional and physical back then.
All of your emotions are normal. I would not have made it through my ordeal however if it were not for my faith in God. HE has helped me in so many ways you cannot imagine. I suffered from panic attacks (caused from horrible unexplainable bleeding and knowing I was going to have surgery) and all I did was cry and worry about the "what ifs'. I kept telling myself I do NOT need surgery and lo and behold, my periods were actually the BEST I have had in years the last 2 months of my wait. (I had to wait 5 months before surgery). GOD healed me from all of that mess. Every day gets easier and better because of God's help. I do not mean to preach to anyone, but this is my experience. Please ..if you have a King James Bible...this passage helped me right up until I was walking into the hospital doors for my surgery... The book of Isaiah Chapter 41 verse 10.
God will help you if you truly believe. *HUGS* to all of you who are going through this adventure. May God bless you and your family.
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM

I know the feeling of being scared and overwhelmed . I thought I would go crazy and the one thing I can say helped me the most is a very good friend that also happens to be my coworker. His wife had surgery two days before me for a completely different reason but the day before her surgery when he was leaving work he hugged me and said WE WILL DO GREAT! I know he meant his wife and I but that one hug was all I needed to help calm me down. A simple I LOVE YOU and i will see you when you get out helped the morning of surgery and that came from my boyfriend. So try to relax enjoy your time with your kids and when you get home RELAX RELAX RELAX.You, your kids, and your husband will come out of this great .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2011, 10:01 AM

I am so worried about all of the same things. I don't want to put any more pressure on my husband and my kids (9 and 11) are not used to seeing me down for the count. I am really active and outdoorsy, I also will miss being outside for a while and taking care of my animals. I know it won't be forever, and I know this will be the best thing for me in the long run, but I am just so scared of it all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register