Problems 2 months post op call doctor? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems 2 months post op call doctor? Problems 2 months post op call doctor?

Unread 09-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Problems 2 months post op call doctor?

Hello

I had a TVH on August 7th, I had some major problems after surgery not from the surgery itself but from the anesthesia, I didn't wake up for two days and was in the hospital for ten days due to some nerve damage in my leg, anyway, fast forward two and a half months and though I had no pain post op from the hysterectomy now I am having major pelvic pain (still) and I can't even think of having sex, the three times I have it hurt like nothing like I have ever felt before, I called my OB who I am going to see next week and he thinks that maybe one of my ovaries fell out of place or something like that? After what I went through with my hysterectomy I thought the pain would go away and that it would all be better but now there are new problems cropping up, I also have to pee all the time, controlling my bladder is becoming a problem for me, I am only 32 years old so these issues worry me a lot knowing that I have God willing a lifetime ahead of me and hopefully not a lifetime of problems. Has anyone else had any of these problems and do you think that I have given myself enough time to heal or is maybe the pain from sex from the surgery itself? I don't know what the solution is, my doctor is going to do an ultrasound but didn't know for sure if he would see the ovaries because they are hard to see. Thank you for your response.

Aliya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2008, 04:19 PM

Hi Aliya
I'm sorry to hear you're having these problems. It can take 8 wks to heal and sometimes longer, but it sounds like something else may very well be causing you this extreme pain. Do you feel pain all the time and are there things that aggravate it besides sex? Some women have granulation form
that causes pain and sometimes bleeding. It can be treated in the office.

You were right to call your dr. Hopefully he will be able to find what's causing your pain and get it taken care of for you. Don't hesitate to seek another opinion if your dr is at all uncertain about the pain and the bladder issues. I hope this will be an easy fix for you. You are pretty early in your recovery still. Many women still have some issues so don't lose heart. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Thank you Rita
I have pelvic pain all the time, it is actually worse than before I had the TVH which is odd because it went away for a few weeks after surgery, I didn't have pain after surgery all probably due to the fact that I was on my back in the hospital for so long but it has resurfaced and it just a pain if you know what I mean. I will for sure keep updating on what the dr. tells me and what the treatment options are, drugs are not my first option as the side effects of some are just terrible but we will see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Hi Aliya,
It sounds like you have been through a lot and I think you body just needs extra time to heal. The 6-8 week healing window is how long they give us to heal before going back to work, but it can take up to a year to completely heal. Since you have had some complications it might take a little longer. Hopefully your DR will help you to feel better soon!! Hang in there
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:49 PM

(((Aliya)))
I agree with (((appleblossom))). Some of this could be that you're needing some extra time. Try resting and see if the pain is better. This would be a good thing to be able to tell your dr. It's possible you're up and trying to do more than your body is ready for. I hope this helps.
's, Rita
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Thank you, I am trying to be positive about this but working full time and a mother to two boys one 6 and one 9 months is tough, the odd thing is that I didn't have any pain for like three weeks post op, none at all, I would have never known anything was done but now like I said up above it has come back full force and worse than before, maybe I have jumped back in the saddle to early, we will see dr. appt is next Wednesday, couldn't wait until the end of the month I want answers, now we will see if I get them
Unread 09-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataube
the odd thing is that I didn't have any pain for like three weeks post op, none at all, I would have never known anything was done but now like I said up above it has come back full force and worse than before,
Were you taking any pain meds or are you now? Hopefully the doctor can give you something to make the pain go away while they figure out what's going on. If you pain is really strong I think you should call and tell them that you are in pain and you can't wait. If you think you can make it till weds, try to rest as much as possible. Is there someone that can help you at home so you can rest after work? Are you able to work when you are in pain or does it just get worse at night?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register