Pajamas - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Re: Pajamas

Hi all, if you are having abdominal surgery, don't forget your abdominal binder. Ask at the hospital if you don't have one. They are the best for walking, sneezing and coughing and generally moving around. I am 7 weeks and still wear it at night to keep the swelling down. Good luck for future sisters...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabrahamsen1 View Post
Hi all, if you are having abdominal surgery, don't forget your abdominal binder. Ask at the hospital if you don't have one. They are the best for walking, sneezing and coughing and generally moving around. I am 7 weeks and still wear it at night to keep the swelling down. Good luck for future sisters...
I'm having the abdominal surgery and have been wondering about the binder. Is it something you can wear even if you have sutures/staples?
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM

abrahamsen1.... I don't have one, but, I am curious... is this uncomfortable especially to be worn at night to bed? I know the site sells them. Please advise. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:01 AM

Before my op I was a pyjama girl but when I went in for the hyst, I took a short sleeved nighty (which I put on the second day) and I was glad I did. I also needed a shawl when I started walking up and down the corridor, this was in May and I felt chilly.
For after care in hosp a nighty is much easier for the patient and staff
I've never gone back to pyjamas, always wear nighties now and no knickers, feels healthier to me. I like pjs when I'm away from home tho', or if we have o/night guests or we're in a hotel.
Unread 07-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABONJ View Post
abrahamsen1.... I don't have one, but, I am curious... is this uncomfortable especially to be worn at night to bed? I know the site sells them. Please advise. Thanks!
Bought one today, will let you know.
Unread 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Hi all, I just stopped wearing the binder this week after 7 weeks. It holds everything together and keeps the swelling down. I wore it at night and was more comfortable because I like to sleep on my side and it gave great support then and for getting in and out of bed and couch. It also helped with the sneezing and coughing if I did not have a pillow. I used it over my under wear (cotton works better so it did not slide around or up). I wore them with my two other abdominal surgeries and my doctor was amazed at how well my external and internal healing went. I wore the binder at all times. Good luck!
Unread 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Thanks! I'm going to try that tonight and hopefully get some sleep.
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM

I found the hospital gowns pleanty comfy for the 4 days I was in there. I had an IV the whole time (antibiotics) and it was easier with the fasteners and such to put one of those on and off. I did have a big fluffy robe though and grippy socks for roaming the halls. My best item for the stay was my MP3 player though. I took lots of music, which both put me to sleep and drowned out the hospital night (or day!) noises so I could sleep very fitfully.

I also used a binder for walking and many other times, especially during the first few weeks. I think it made a huge difference in my healing and keeping things in place. I had no external stitches whatsoever and the scar has faded so much that it's just a thin pale pink line rather camoflaged in the bikini area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register