Scheduled TLH august 31 09 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM
august 31 09

i am 30 yr old 4 kids and my surgery is monday. i am freaking. i have a level 2 uterine prolapse and a retocele. my sugery will be tvh posterior colporraphy repair w mesh. i am a smoker but will use patches today and tomorrow. i am scared about coughing when i wake up. i am also scared about losing my cervix and orgasms. i am having daysurgery and they said i should be out by 2pm. i am so nervous and have xanax as a prescription. i have anxiety and panic attaks anyway and this makes it much much worse. can anyone share w/me how their surgeries effected their sex lives that have had same surgery? and also how removal of cervix is? my doc says i will be tighter down there from this which is great cause i have had 4 vaginal births. last one was june 24 09 and i have been bleedind since aug 3rd. please share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Re: august 31 09

Ne one else having this on 8/31/09
Unread 08-29-2009, 08:17 PM

I didn't have the surgery you are having, but you will be fine. You are having enough problems already that the worst of it will be past you when you wake up. Just relax. I have mild asthma and was worried about that because I tend to have some mucous with that. They made me cough. Used a thing I sucked air through that made me cough up secreations. The coughing is not bad. Take you a fluffy pillow with you to hold against your stomach and that will do wonders. I had lost my libido before surgery. And now with no ovaries I am starting to have one again. Granted I cant do anything about it yet, but I am not worried about the orgasms. I haven't heard too many complain of that problem. It will be a little different at first probably, but it will be ok. Just relax, this will be behind you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2009, 06:14 PM

JSmith79 -

I am sorry that you need surgery. I didn't have all the repairs that you had so can't speak to those. As for the sex and orgasm, it is very personal and all depends. If you are keeping your ovaries there is the potential that it won't affect your libido. However, ovaries can go to "sleep" for a period of time so make sure you talk to your doctor. As for the removal of the cervix, typically most men can't tell the difference. Many women can't either, I could and it has taken me a little bit of time to get used to it. My orgasms were more clitoral so when I have them there is no difference however, since I did have my ovaries removed, I have had some libido issues and have been put on testosterone which is helping me.

I am wishing you a successful surgery and an uncomplicated recovery.

G.
Unread 09-01-2009, 03:49 AM

sorry i meant TVH no L

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register