I Made it to "The Other Side" - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Made it to "The Other Side" I Made it to "The Other Side"

Unread 12-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Re: I Made it to "The Other Side"

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Yes, it is amazing how tired we get. I am 9 weeks and have been doing a lot more lately and am exhausted by dinner time. Now is the time for you to catch up on movies and then walking and sleeping. Remember, this is only temporary. I went through a crying stage right around week 2. Out of no where I would cry and cry for no reason but it only lasted a short time. It seemed that the other sisters that had their hysts in the same week were also feeling this so son't get discouraged, it does go away! Keep posting and let us know how your appt goes! Happy healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2009, 06:47 AM

Hey princess, welcome to the better side!! I'm so glad you're doing well! Please remember your best chance of healing is rest, rest, and more reest. You will find that gas x and stool softeners are your best friend. Don't push yourself and let your body heal! I'm so glad you are on this side and welcome to the good side. Sending healing hugs your way
Unread 12-15-2009, 07:02 PM

I am happy to report that my first post-op appointment went well. The pathology was all good. My uterus was 178 grams. My doctor told me that for a woman without children, 50 grams is the norm. He said it was just so thick and the tumors had really disfigured it. In any case, there is no cancer so that is a huge relief. He went on to discuss the endometriosis, which was very bad. He "cleaned out" a lot. There was also the part of my intestine where one of the tumors had pressed quite hard and damaged it. He explained how he repaired it.

The incision is healing nicely though it is sore. He stated I was a bit more swollen than I should be near the "internal incision" spots so he wants me to take another week of very limited activity and no lifting and he will check me again. My weight loss was a little concern too, but he understood I have had a hard time eating. I am not sure if it is because of the intestine repair or just the overall surgery. I don't feel sick; I just don't feel hungry. When I eat, I have to eat slow and I eat about 1/3 of what I normally would. I lost 15 lbs since the surgery on November 30th. He said I should indulge and have a milkshake or a protein smoothie if I want to go the healthy route.

I still have at least 4 more weeks out of work. He said no way will he release me before the 6-week mark more because of the intestinal repair. He also wants me to limit my driving, which I understand because I don't move quickly now and have a hard time turning. Probably a good idea to only drive short distances or not at all. It's a good thing it is snowing like crazy because it gives me more reason stay off the roads.

Happy reports, happy progress. My only complaint is that I was not cleared for a bath. I miss soaking!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustof71 View Post
I am happy to report that my first post-op appointment went well. The pathology was all good. My uterus was 178 grams. My doctor told me that for a woman without children, 50 grams is the norm. He said it was just so thick and the tumors had really disfigured it. In any case, there is no cancer so that is a huge relief. He went on to discuss the endometriosis, which was very bad. He "cleaned out" a lot. There was also the part of my intestine where one of the tumors had pressed quite hard and damaged it. He explained how he repaired it.

The incision is healing nicely though it is sore. He stated I was a bit more swollen than I should be near the "internal incision" spots so he wants me to take another week of very limited activity and no lifting and he will check me again. My weight loss was a little concern too, but he understood I have had a hard time eating. I am not sure if it is because of the intestine repair or just the overall surgery. I don't feel sick; I just don't feel hungry. When I eat, I have to eat slow and I eat about 1/3 of what I normally would. I lost 15 lbs since the surgery on November 30th. He said I should indulge and have a milkshake or a protein smoothie if I want to go the healthy route.

I still have at least 4 more weeks out of work. He said no way will he release me before the 6-week mark more because of the intestinal repair. He also wants me to limit my driving, which I understand because I don't move quickly now and have a hard time turning. Probably a good idea to only drive short distances or not at all. It's a good thing it is snowing like crazy because it gives me more reason stay off the roads.

Happy reports, happy progress. My only complaint is that I was not cleared for a bath. I miss soaking!!
Wow! What a post! That is a lot that happened. Your doc. sounds like he is great at explaining things and discussing things with you. I am so glad you are going to be careful and take care of yourself. I so understand about missing the bath. I had to wait a while for that myself.

Take care,

Unread 12-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Congrats on your pathology report! Your doc sounds wonderful! Your body has been through a lot so keep taking it easy. Your appetite will increase. Mine took until about week 6, but of course we are all different in this. Keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register