Anyone going through this????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone going through this????? Anyone going through this?????

Unread 03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Anyone going through this?????

It's me Cin, a new one here...
I have been reading and even trying to help others on some of the questions/problems...and find now I need help.... I had a SAH with removal of LSO on 2/17/06 (the endo, severe bleeding and pain were too much to bare anymore)...and all of a sudden I've had extreme outbursts of anger... a crying jag that lasted all night last night and tonight... and I had a couple tiny hot flashes... My GYN kept one ovary to keep me from menopause since I'm 40... but now I wonder what the difference would have been? I've read that the ovary needs time to wake up... I just wonder how long that is going to be? If ever... I've had 3 kids and nothing lasted this long after childbirth. I am normally ready to go and able to handle most situations, but this has me...
I don't want to try any antidepressants, so many side effects (can't do HRT, medical reasons and after reading not sure I would anyways...). Any idea of something more natural I could take that would help? I Love this site and would appreciate any sisterly help!!!
Thanks, Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM

Hi Cindy,
Had my TAH/BSO 6 months ago - and went through a stage of being very emotional plus the hot flashes. I'm not on hormones at all - have quite a vitamin routine in the mornings (multivitamin, calcium, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, fish oil), and I rarely have any hot flashes, and the emotions are finally under control.
I started with the first 3 vitamins and gradually added the last two, and finally realized about 2 months ago that everything seemed regulated!
It takes time to get our bodies adjusted, and hopefully your ovary will wake up.
Hope this helps.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM

Hi Cindy,

So sorry you are having a rough time.
The ladies in the "No-Hormone Desert" Forum might also have some ideas for you.
I had nearly zeroed out of Progesterone pre-op due to the stress of long term anemia.
Things balanced out a few months post-op.
Hormonal imbalance is no fun. in there!
Hope you get some relief soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM

Thank you eslteach and lonicera!!! It's just so bad all of a sudden... I will look at that site right away. The rational side of me knows I need to wait but the emotional side of me is going crazy ... Thanks for making me see I'm not the only one and that someone else does care! That has meant the world to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register