Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four days Post hysterectomy  - Dizzy?? Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy??

Unread 10-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy??

I had my hysterectomy on October 4th. According to my OB/GYN, it went perfectly well. No complications and no issues.
I spent one night in the hospital, which also went well, no issues, and was sent home in the morning, on the 5th.
Since coming home, recovery has been just fine. I'm obviously sore and moving slow.....but am able to rest and move around as needed.
This morning, I woke up dizzy. No new pains or worsening pains, no fever or shortness of breath....just dizzy. (I was also able to have my first post-op BM this morning!! )

Is this dizziness normal? I didn't experience any in the hospital or the past two days that I've been home.
And no....I haven't tried to do too much. I've either been in bed, napping or in the recliner, watching T.V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Re: Four days Post-Op - Dizzy??

Did your dizziness last a long time, or pass quickly? Possibly happened because you aren't eating/drinking much. Remember to drink as much water as you can, and eat small healthy things. Smaller healthy snacks & meals will help, I think. If the dizziness was more intense, give your Dr a call. Especially as the weekend is here. Better to get answers on Friday than wait all weekend. Happy healing!
Unread 10-07-2016, 06:17 AM

I was lightheaded for a few days post op. Not sure if it was anesthesia, bowel prep + not eating/drinking much or what. I tried drinking a lot and getting some protein in me, and it seemed to help. Or it just went away on its own, not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonwatcher View Post
Did your dizziness last a long time, or pass quickly? Possibly happened because you aren't eating/drinking much. Remember to drink as much water as you can, and eat small healthy things. Smaller healthy snacks & meals will help, I think. If the dizziness was more intense, give your Dr a call. Especially as the weekend is here. Better to get answers on Friday than wait all weekend. Happy healing!
No, it didn't last very long....maybe 5-10 minutes and then it was gone. It has not come back since. (It happened right when I first woke up this morning and was walking to the bathroom.)
If it does come back at some point today, I will call my doctor's office as soon as it does. It figures that this type of stuff happens on a Friday. LOL!
Unread 10-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy??

What you're describing is called postural hypotension; I have low blood pressure, and I sometimes feel dizzy if I change positions too fast. When you wake up in the morning, don't leap out of bed right away; instead, get up in stages, and try flexing your leg muscles, which can help to push more blood back to the brain. Also, aim for a sodium intake of around 2,000 mg, and adequate potassium, which can help to regulate your blood pressure. Dizziness can also be a side effect of many narcotic painkillers, so check with your doctor or pharmacist. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Unread 10-07-2016, 07:14 AM
Re: Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_Eye View Post
What you're describing is called postural hypotension; I have low blood pressure, and I sometimes feel dizzy if I change positions too fast. When you wake up in the morning, don't leap out of bed right away; instead, get up in stages, and try flexing your leg muscles, which can help to push more blood back to the brain. Also, aim for a sodium intake of around 2,000 mg, and adequate potassium, which can help to regulate your blood pressure. Dizziness can also be a side effect of many narcotic painkillers, so check with your doctor or pharmacist. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Thank you, Tiger Eye!
Unread 10-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Re: Four days Post hysterectomy - Dizzy??

Here is an article on the subject:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_545858.htm

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register