Any one else feeling great?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one else feeling great?? Any one else feeling great??

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Any one else feeling great??

I am 7 weeks post op 2moro and the last few days I have felt amazing! Not only do I have way more energy but I am finding great pleasure in all the small things. Recovery is taking more than I thought, but after meeting so many inspiring women on this site,it has made me feel 'normal'!
I feel like a completely different woman at this point.. I am enjoying my kids, my husband( not like u want to enjoy him yet but fingers crossed doc gives thumbs up for that next week and actually finding myself smiling all day for no real reason!!
I am so grateful for my DH, wonderful children, and dear friends whom all made my recovery as easy as possible.
I guess right now am just full of great energy and very thankful to be enjoying my life again!
I know that not all of us have had an easy path through this and I truly feel for those who have had a hard time with it.
I actually went to my doc requesting this surgery ( I know sounds crazy right!) and there were times that I was really second guessing my decision... But,all that seeming like it was years behind me, it was best choice ever!!!
Am happy I found a doctor that was willing to listen, happy to have such a great support system and happy to be enjoying my life with a great big smile again!!
Haven't felt better and just want to sing it from the rooftops!!
Thanks for listening to my goofy rainbow and sunshine message totally unlike me but think I may be getting in touch with a softer kinder side of me... And really loving it
Wishing all of you going in for this surgery the best of luck!! And those of us on the other side...big hugs! We all deserve them for being such strong superwomen!! Cheers to us xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Re: Any one else feeling great??

Here I am a year exactly after my TAH! Feeling soooo good and active. I excercise 7 days a week and feel like a new cheerful person who is game for anything all!
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:00 AM

Yay!! I aspire to be like you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2013, 01:24 AM

Great news!!! I too am feeling good, just starting back on an exercise regime this week after 5 months of fairly low impact stuff... and tonight I shall be trying out Zumba - uh oh, think my 2 left feet may be a tad embarrassing - oh well, gotta try these things!! :-)

Wishing everyone speedy recoveries and pain free futures x
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:28 AM

So happy to hear this!!! Now that I'm stitched and the blood loss has stopped I can't wait to feel great!!
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Feeling great here. I'm back to my workout routine which is good since I have put some weight on after the surgery. My own fault really. No exercise and eating crappy catches up to you quickly!
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM

One month out, I'm still low on energy and still a bit sore now and then but, emotionally, I feel better than I have felt in years-My sense of humour and vanity are flooding back after having vanished so gradually over the last 6 years or so that I barely noticed they were gone.
I've woken up a few mornings with "feel good" songs stuck in my head and I'm returning to my old pattern of singing for no apparent reason.... Yeah, I'm feelin' great and I'm glad you are!
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Yes i am, i think it is just beginning to hit me that i dont have to worry about bleeding all over everything, or taking the pill till Im 55 to control bleeding and worrying about all those side effects. I am just done, and i have energy again, no horrible cramps or bloating, or peeing issues. Its like i was given time back. No more time out of my life to worry about blood. I can just be normal again, its pretty awesome. Not that im happy to have had surgery, im not a happy patient, but recovery was honestly a breeze. I was in the hospital one night, up walking around a few hours later went home in the morning, saw the dr at about three and a half weeks and back to work four weeks to the day. So far so good.
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:05 AM

Im 2 wks out of an abdominal total & I feel WONDERFUL! This hysterectomy was the best thing thats ever happened to me (besides having my babies). I wake up every morning & say, " IM CANCER FREE!"
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM

8 WEEKS out.feel wonderful.no pain.no bloating.back to work. Back to gym again.best decision I ever made. Its back to life again with kids and hubby.sex is great too. Loving my life once again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register