Pending operation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pending operation Pending operation

Unread 05-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Pending operation

Hi everyone, just joined today and have been reading all the information posted for a while. Great site, it has been a blessing hearing the same concerns I have.

I am scheduled for surgery on June 17th and cannot believe all the emotions I have been through since I made the decision to have it done. I will be having a TAH due to fibroids and currently do not have alot of the major pain (other than major cramping) and problems that have been expressed. I know that the doctor is not rushing into anything because we have been watching these things grow for over a year now and I can actually feel them myself when pressing on my stomach when laying down. He says that due to the size (hasn't really given me that info, I will find out on the pre-op appt. on the 1st) that it will just continue to crowd other organs and create more problems down the road. I say if you are done using the equipment get it gone. But I am sooooooooooo scared.

Just wanted to say how thankful I am that I have found this site and just how much it means to know that there are others in the same boat, what's the old saying Misery loves company.

The other thing I am thankful for is the wonderful supportive family I have. My husband is the best and I have an older sister who does not work outside the home, who says "what time do I need to be there" when I come home from the castle. Great relief for my husband as far as not having to worry about me when he's working.

Thanks for listening.

TAZ2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Pending operation

Hi Taz2,

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us at Hystersisters and that you're finding helpful information here. It's also great to hear that your family is so supportive.

I've moved your thread from our Options and Alternatives forum to our Pre Op forum where you'll find many other ladies who are awaiting their surgery dates. I know you'll get many replies and great support there!

Please keep us posted on how you are doing as you approach your surgery date.

Beth
Unread 05-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Pending operation

Hi Taz2,

It sounds to me like you've done your homework and have a dr that you trust. I think that being comfortable with your choices helps tremendously.

This is a scary and emotional time for many of us. Coming here to share info and experiences helped me so much pre and poat op. I still come here and my hyst was almost 2 years ago now. It's nice that you have such a great support system at home. I did too, I enjoyed my post op pampering quite a bit.

best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Pending operation

Welcome to the club! It's a scary decision and waiting stinks. Chances are you'll be SO RELIEVED once it's over, you'll rate the waiting at the top of the icky scale too. Here's hoping eh?

I got rid of the equivalent of two junior basketballs in volume, and oh boy did I feel better IMMEDIATELY, despite the postop pain and the discomforts of the recovery period. You might be equally relieved once you're relieved of your belly burdens, too.
Unread 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Pending operation

Hi Taz2-

I think we all go through the whole emotional thing. One minute your fine the next your a mess. I also have a great support group in my family and friends. It really does help. It's horrible for the women on this site that go through it alone, or with little emotional support. I count my blessings everyday.

I go in for surgery on June 1st. A little nervous but know I will be fine. I just don't know how bad of pain I'll be in. I'm kind of a weenie when it comes to pain. This is my first time in for surgery so a little nervous about the unknown. I know my mind is my best and worst when it comes to playing with my emotions.

I'm keeping busy and read this site as much as possible. Good luck to you, everything will be just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register