3 weeks post op vaginal discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op vaginal discharge 3 weeks post op vaginal discharge

Unread 09-15-2016, 05:01 PM
3 weeks post op vaginal discharge

I'm 3 weeks post op. LAVH single point incision, everything but ovaries removed. No discharge until now. Seeing what some have posted on here has helped ease my mind and confirm what my doctor has told me. This morning it was a red gush, then very light spotting, to nothing to this evening heavier red, to minimal light pink. Sounds like this is normal. I have minimal pain/cramp like feeling, no fever, so trying to convince myself this is normal and to not worry so much. Patience is hard as I am self employed and have a 3 yr old little girl I miss picking up and playing with....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op vaginal discharge

The general guideline is if you're soaking a pad in an hour, that would be an emergency where you'd need to call your doctor. During this time frame, stitches start to dissolve which could cause a bit more spotting than you're used to. Also, if the spotting turns back into bleeding, it'd be wise to run it by your doctor. There's an article on Spotting vs. Bleeding, but you are still under your doctor's care - it's okay to call the office for peace of mind since they'll know the right questions to ask.

Right now you might not be able to pick up your little girl, but you can still cuddle, snuggle, read and color together. She'd probably love to bring you things you can do together !
Unread 09-15-2016, 05:45 PM
3 weeks post op vaginal discharge

Thanks for the info. I do have a message in to my Dr to see what she says. I sure hope I didn't tear anything. If so, hopefully it's minor and will repair itself. In the mornings lately when I wake up, it's like I'm having contractions, my abdominal and leg muscles just want to stretch on there own, hope that's not causing any issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2016, 05:47 PM

Great info and advice from Cussette,

That sudden gush could have been a blood clot - that's happens. Im glad you are calling your doctor for peace of mind. Err on the side of caution.

If further down the road you notice bright red blood, it may indicate too much activity and that your body is asking you to slow down.

Take good care of yourself and recover well. You are doing fine listening to your own body! If ever in doubt, call your doctor. That's far better than worrying
Hugs and good healing.
Unread 09-15-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creal View Post
In the mornings lately when I wake up, it's like I'm having contractions, my abdominal and leg muscles just want to stretch on there own, hope that's not causing any issues.
I remember being very annoyed that I couldn't stretch properly ! What I would do in the morning while still in bed would be to stretch one leg at a time from the calf down, and then my arms one at a time over my head. That seemed to help lessen the need to stretch my torso.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register