Bent over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Bent over

I am 14 days post op . Still very sore they did mine LAVH.
Was wondering a couple things, I bent over today before I could realize it will i be ok? Second is it normal to be so sore and lastly I kept both ovaries however I am having trouble sleeping and severe nigh sweats is this normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Re: Bent over

Bending over should be fine as long as you didn't lift anything heavy.

14 days is really early on in recovery, it was only between three and four weeks that things really settled for me. I would wait and see how things are in a few weeks before you start to fret about hormones, sweats etc. your body is still recovering from the trauma of major surgery.

Take care of yourself, rest lots and be kind to yourself.
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:29 PM

You will not hurt anything simply by bending over. In fact, I had no limitations on bending at all.

Your ovaries could be in shock which would account for the night sweats and insomnia. There's not much you can do but wait that out.

Best of luck in your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM

I agree with above posts. Also, yes it hurts. Hopefully will be gradually less sore as things heal. Ask at your 2 week check up if you have one. Read the post op check lists on this site. They are very helpful.
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM

I had a LAVH and was told no bending, not even to shave my legs. You probably didn't hurt yourself if you're not bleeding or having severe pain, but you should check with your doc about bending. Hopefully she will say it's fine as the other sisters have said. The night sweats may be anesthesia or trauma or your ovaries haven't started working again yet. The night sweats should go away soon. You will be sore and have twinges for a couple more weeks. You did have major surgery so you need to try to take it easy.
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM

Feeling relieved that everything I'm feeling is normal thanks sooo much for all the replies Hugs back

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register