LAVH Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep �� | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep �� Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep ��

Unread 10-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep ��

I'm 6 days after surgery and I sleep like crap. I'm tired when I go to bed but then lay awake till the early hours of the morning. I'm not in any pain. Nothing on my mind...I'm relaxed. I've tried OTC sleep aids but they don't work.
Any ideas why I'm like this?
Aside from that the healing process has been great. There has been a very little bit of discharge. I'm curious to know how everything is down there but I'll have to wait. No swelling or pain so I'm happy. I've been taking it easy...no naps during the day with hopes to sleep and night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario_Jenny View Post
I'm 6 days after surgery and I sleep like crap. I'm tired when I go to bed but then lay awake till the early hours of the morning. I'm not in any pain. Nothing on my mind...I'm relaxed. I've tried OTC sleep aids but they don't work.
Any ideas why I'm like this?
Aside from that the healing process has been great. There has been a very little bit of discharge. I'm curious to know how everything is down there but I'll have to wait. No swelling or pain so I'm happy. I've been taking it easy...no naps during the day with hopes to sleep and night
Hi Jenny. I am now 2 weeks post op and my sleep habits are just now getting back to normal. Honestly if it's not the pain keeping you awake I'd say it's just a random bit of insomnia after the surgery. Hate not have a medical cause for it but many of us have or had the same problems. I would toss and turn and just be wide awake watching tv shows early into the morning. So rest easy it will get better soon. Just hang in there. Hugs
Unread 10-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep ��

Insomnia post op is very common, not sure where it is coming from... The lack of physical activity might have something to do with it.
Some try OTC meds such as melatonin, Benadryl pm, others get prescriptions such as ambien...
Mine insomnia almost lasted a year, I took nothing though... Well OTC stuff didn't work...
Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy: No sleep ��

I'm exhausted today so I'm hoping I'll sleep tonight
Unread 10-29-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario_Jenny View Post
I'm exhausted today so I'm hoping I'll sleep tonight
I too had a hard time sleeping at night. If you are not working and don't have to be awake all day for kids then give in and nap. That's what I did and it all worked itself out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register