Any good guides or FAQ's for teen daughters? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any good guides or FAQ's for teen daughters? Any good guides or FAQ's for teen daughters?

Unread 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Any good guides or FAQ's for teen daughters?

Oh, my 7 year old can "cook", sandwiches and things like that and he does, but I don't expect him to make a meal for the family, unless they want sandwiches and raisins with a side of cereal
This is huge and you need the help and they CAN do it. Talk about it again with them, let them know you are counting on them. I'd still get some extra help if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2007, 08:32 PM

[quote=thediamondlady]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by loki's date
I have 16 DD, 14 DD, 12 DD, and 7 DS, year old kids (no the 7 year old doesn't have to cook).

Your 7 year old can cook -- jello and soup are easy things. ok with that said --

many many years ago -- my mom was married to a man that like the bottle better than the home life-- at the time -- the doctor said that if she did not have surgery that she would probably get cancer. She was a 29 yr old mother of 3 kids under the age of 12. I do not remember her being in the hospital or for how long --
but I do remember pulling up a chair to the stove and putting water on to boil -- and going to tell mom whent he bubbles came to the top as she laid on the couch. then i carefully poured the water into a bowl of jello mix and stirred until I could not feel sand in the bottom of the bowl.

I also learded how to make soup. sure we ate easy stuff all week -- but the family was fed

My mom took me out of school so that she had someone to take care of her, because my dad wouldn't.

Both of my brothers helped with the house -- because it was expected.

IMHO -- kids need more resposiblity rather than more video games. You can not expect them to walk through the door one day and you have changed all the rules and now expect them to do stuff.

You might try a reward system to get thier attention -- like stars for a 5 year old.

They are old enough to have some resposiblity in helping while you all are recovering.

Find something that they want and if they help while you recover -- then reward them in the end.

See that's what I say... Kids only do as much as they think they will get away with. My kids know what is expected of them and how far they can push the issue... and when not to. My oldest has severe mental health issues and this time has been very dificult with him... No kids are not perfect. Niether are we!

My Mom was Dxed w/ cancer when I was 15. I took care of her until she died when I was 18. One day I was changing her IV bag and she started crying I asked her why she was crying and she said that it was HER job to take care of me not the other way around. I told her that it was a HUGE HONOR to be able to have a turn caring for her. That she had taken such good care of me my while life that I loved being able to return the favor!
Unread 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Do you have another adult in the home to help lay down the rules?

My seven has been extremely helpful. The four, not so much. DH is wearing the mom crown reasonably well, but I've found that we're not so much asking the kids to do stuff but telling them to do stuff. There is a difference.

Probably going to sound like a *****, but I am eternally greatful that the fifteen-year-old stepdaughter is nowhere in sight this week. Oh, the dramz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM

that's exactly it. It's not about being their friend all the time (I see that a lot!) Sometimes it's This is what I need from you PERIOD!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register