Post op low back pain & cramps...why? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op low back pain & cramps...why? Post op low back pain & cramps...why?

Unread 08-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Post op low back pain & cramps...why?

I am 4 weeks post op and wondering why I am having low back pain and "period-type" cramps? I had LAVH/BSO on 8/4/05 and this has been going on since a couple days after surgery. Everything else has went so awesome! I stayed in the castle overnight, came home on a Friday afternoon, on Saturday I went to watch my dad race (he races stock cars and I am 200% devoted to being there to support him) and have been on the go without and other discomfort since then. I was driving by day 3 and have just felt absolutely wonderful, other than the mild back pain and crampy type feeling. I thought I read somewhere on another website that when the cervix is removed it is associated with low back pain? I know I've probably done too much and I definetly know I've done way more than most people but I've felt great and I do rest if/when I feel I need to. Anyone else have this type of feeling & is it normal? Thanks so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 08:27 AM

I don't really have any answers for you but I can certainly relate. I am 10 weeks out and about 3 times now have gotten the lower back pain and crampy feeling that always came right before Aunt Flo. Since I don't have my ovaries, I have wondered just what in the world is going on?!

P.S. What part of Indiana are you from? I am in the west-central area near Illinois state line.
Unread 08-30-2005, 09:00 AM

Just about 20 miles south of Lafayette or about 40 miles north of Indianapolis. Hopefully someone can shed some light on why we get these "cramps". I'll be sure to ask my doctor on Thursday when I go for my 4 week check. Thanks for your reply, it's good to know I"m not the only one feeling this way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 09:53 PM

I am about 40 miles south of Lafayette! 15 miles west of Crawfordsville!!! What a small world!! Did you have your surgery in Lafayette or C'ville or close by?
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:50 AM

It sure is a small world!! I live east of Crawfordsville in Boone County around Thorntown/Colfax (way out in the middle of no-where). I had my surgery in Indianapolis at St. Vincent Hospital.
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:57 AM

I think the low back pain is associated with the LAVH, because of the position they put you in. I had it for a couple of weeks, it has pretty much gone away now, I'm about four weeks along. I had horrible back pain before my hysterectomy, so maybe I don't feel it so much now because it's better then before.

I think the cramping might be because you are doing too much. I get it when I've been doing to much. Do you have any bleeding with it? It could also be just the healing process, I'm still very crampy and can tell I"m healing inside, especially the vaginal cuff area.

Hope this helps,

Take care,
Debra
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:41 AM

TMH...I use to frequent Colfax a lot with my parents and grandparents to go to Miller's! The best catfish and onion rings in the midwest! I truly miss them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register