decisions. alone or not for surgery??, (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

decisions. alone or not for surgery??, (kids mentioned) decisions. alone or not for surgery??, (kids mentioned)

Unread 02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
decisions. alone or not for surgery??, (kids mentioned)

Well, my date is set. March 6. TAH. with the hope Doc. leaves the ovaries. I squeaked in on the cancellation list. I am scared, tired, &sore. I am begining to feel a flu coming on, that I need to clear up. Just in the first stages. I am determined to get this surgery. My boys 8 & 12 are here with me. Their dad is away for work. And may or may not be here surg day. I would love to see him and wake up to him the day of surgery, knowing I am not alone. It has been a tough year for work ( weather permitting) I don't know if I really need him on those days.( need $$) I have a few friends willing to help me.( MY dear friends) days after.
I think I am feeling the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what is going on inside me.

I am suffering alot of chronic pain. Dr. has me on morphine. Pain just won't go away I am not a doc. my research says PTS, doc says "possible endometriosis" "take out uterus, it is useless, try to leave ovaries, take biopsy"
So I really won't know anything until I wake up. I am stressed!!
Needed to vent
Steelhead-
Shirley
BC Canadian Gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM

{{{{Shirley}}}}

You will be just fine!! I just had my mom here for my surgery and a few friends stopped by, and everything worked out OK. It sounds like you are in so much pain, and this will only help you to feel better. And trust me - the waiting around for surgery is the hardest part, so you are lucky to only have a week or 2 to go.

It is totally OK to vent - that is what this board is here for, right???

Hope you get through this very quickly and easily. The good times are right around the corner!
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM

III Take the Rain
Thank you I am feeling totally alone and find myself here....feeling sorry for myself...i think. I don't quite know what I am feeling. Anxious maybe. Too sore to care. I think the pressure of the boys at their age, they can fend for themselves but they just are at the age they are driving me nuts!! School etc. I almost feel theat my older boy may have been taking advantage of me not feeling well(teacher alled today)Everything has been far from normal around here. I find myself sleeping, too tired to do anything. I catch myself remembering just a year ago when I was vibrant and full of energy. I am terrified this pain may come back. The anxiety of not knowing anything until I wake is driving me as well. It's true the anxiety of the final wait it crazy. It is a different stress. 8 days and counting. Thanks for being there. I am needing someone to talk to at this point.
Steelhead(er)
Shirley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 08:49 PM

Hi there! Sorry you aren't feeling well, just know that you are not alone, there are alot of women here feeling the same way as you! As for the kids, I understand, I have a son that is 7 and his teacher was calling alot these last few months. His behavior was declining, and he wasn't turning in the homework that he and I had completed together. I really think that it was my fault. I have been so wrapped up in my health, and feeling so poorly, in almost constant pain, sleeping alot. Kids react to family stress and such in different ways. Often times they act out or do things that they aren't supposed to do, just to get some attention or to relieve some of their own stress. They really need to know that everything is ok, and when they sense that it may not be, they get scared and don't know what to do. Just a thought. Sorry that your hubby might not be able to be there! We had to pull a lot of strings for mine to be there as well, there was a possibility that he wasn't going to be eligible to keep our health insurance because he had been taking so many days off work to help me because I have been so sick! That would have been terrible!! I am in a similar situation as far as not knowing "exactly" what is going on inside. I have endo, but we aren't sure how much, and I guess you really won't know til they are poking and prodding inside. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the ovaries or not. I'm just glad that you will be able to have some friends with you!! I know it's tough, I hope that everything goes well for you sweetie. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your loved ones if you need it!! Good luck!
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:57 PM

LOLEE 8
Thank you For your support
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead
Well, my date is set. March 6. TAH. with the hope Doc. leaves the ovaries. I squeaked in on the cancellation list. I am scared, tired, &sore. I am begining to feel a flu coming on, that I need to clear up. Just in the first stages. I am determined to get this surgery. My boys 8 & 12 are here with me. Their dad is away for work. And may or may not be here surg day. I would love to see him and wake up to him the day of surgery, knowing I am not alone. It has been a tough year for work ( weather permitting) I don't know if I really need him on those days.( need $$) I have a few friends willing to help me.( MY dear friends) days after.
I think I am feeling the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what is going on inside me.

I am suffering alot of chronic pain. Dr. has me on morphine. Pain just won't go away I am not a doc. my research says PTS, doc says "possible endometriosis" "take out uterus, it is useless, try to leave ovaries, take biopsy"
So I really won't know anything until I wake up. I am stressed!!
Needed to vent
Steelhead-
Shirley
BC Canadian Gal
First of all ((HUGS)) from the opposite Coast..( I am in Atlantic Canada)

This whole process is overwhelming without added stresses of$$ and such. I want my husband to be with me when I wake and I am sure he will be but while I am in the hospital I want him to work and save his vacation time, but he is taking it off to take care of the boys(I have 3..12,7 and 2)
I am having issues wrapping my head around this whole thing too..Its hard not understanding what is going on in there and even harder knowing I won't know until its all gone..

Big hugs though.. remember this is an amazing place to vent, sceam, cry..laugh..whatever you need!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register