4 year anniversary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 year anniversary 4 year anniversary

Unread 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM
4 year anniversary

Dear Sisters:
I have not posted for a long time but I needed to today in honor of my four year anniversary from a surgery that changed my life. Long story short - fibroids, hysterectomy and then found a cancerous tumor on my ovary to everyone's surprise.

I need to post to throw it out there that I am still here and cancer free. The journey was very scary, but changed me and I will never be the same person.

Feel strong within yourself, heal your body but don't forget to heal your soul as well - because tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Remember everyone is not a statistic, and with a little help from your loved ones and upstairs - whatever happens - you can deal with it!

Hope all of you are doing well in your journey and if it doesn't seem easy yet - it will get better because you are strong.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 05:38 PM
4 year anniversary

Congrats!!!!
Unread 11-15-2008, 05:43 PM
4 year anniversary

Thankyou so much for your update, it just goes to show there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Love the line from Tom Petty, heard it many times, but just got the meaning in reading it. Thanks again, and congradulations on your new lease on life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 07:31 PM
4 year anniversary

Debbie,

It is fabulous to hear that you are doing well, four years post-op! Happy Hysterversary!

Some of us, post-opers, seem to stick around to let those coming up the ranks as Princesses, know that all will be well.

Happy to hear that you are doing great!
Unread 11-15-2008, 08:14 PM
4 year anniversary

Diana-
It's a good theme song, it really makes you strong. I was always a Tom Petty fan - it seemed so appropriate at the time!
Good luck and prayers to all my sisters! Your stronger than you will know and you will look back as I do and smile because you are proud of how strong you are and how much a guardian angel helped you.
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:36 PM
4 year anniversary

Hi millet4261! Thanks for all of the positive encouragment and congrats on being cancer free, what a great feeling. Your post put a smile on my face :-))). Fox Chase is a great place, I've only heard wonderful things about it. Keep up the good work. We expect to hear from you on your 8 year anniversary. Happy Holidays!
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM
4 year anniversary

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Congrats!!!! Keep up the GOOD WORK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register