Leave Ovaries/No bladder Sling? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leave Ovaries/No bladder Sling? Leave Ovaries/No bladder Sling?

Unread 07-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Leave Ovaries/No bladder Sling?

Okay ladies, I have some questions for you. I talked to my dr Monday and my date is October 8. He said he wants to do a LVH leaving ovaries and no bladder sling. He said at 32, I probably won't need it, but it could be done later. And if the ovaries still hurt afterward, they can come out later too, but if he saw the smallest abnormality on them or around them he would take one/both. WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THIS LATER??????

I have had pelvic pain for years and had a lap done in October 2000. My ovaries looked fine and there was no endo, just some scar tissue he removed. I was doing great for a couple of months and bam, the pain came back. It feels like my ovaries hurt and sometimes when I am sitting at my desk, I feel like a golf ball is in my pelvis where an ovary should be. My uterus is swollen and has some small fibroids. I am scared that if he leaves the ovaries, I will have to go through surgery twice, and if he takes them, I will have hormone issues.

Also, have any of you done this surgery with no bladder sling and had no problems afterward? Doesn't the bladder rest on the uterus? Doesn't it drop afterward?

I guess I just want to get it all fixed at once and not wait and see what we have to do afterward. Hoping someone can provide advice. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2003, 05:13 PM

A bladder sling is not standard procedure. Only those with incontinence problems have this, or similar procedures, done.

Have you gotten a second, and even a third opinion? You might want to do that if you are not sure about your DRs approach to your problems.

I hope others will come on in and repond to your other issues... dh is home and I must go now....
Unread 07-09-2003, 07:47 PM

Hi Agent D,

I agree with Shirl0. Your surgery is several months away, and you have got plenty of time to seek out another opinion or two, to be sure that you are making the right decision for you, at this point in your life.

Have you had a chance to read some of the articles in our Resource Forum: Here's one that you might find helpful:

http://drn4u.com/keepovaries.htm

Please remember, if your ovaries are removed now, you are looking at many, many years of possibly needing to take HRT or non-HRT supplements. If your ovaries are healthy, most doctors will not remove them. I still have mine, and had my hyst 2 years ago at age 55.

I hope you'll keep on reading, researching and posting questions here on HS. We'll do our best to help.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2003, 09:06 PM

It's funny you should post this today. I just went to see my Dr. today for consult on an abdomanal hyster. and he said that he too is wanting to save the ovaries. I have endometriosis on one for sure and cysts on both. He plans on trying to clean it up as best as possible but would like to keep them. My thoughts is get rid of anything that can cause problems later but I guess they have their reasons.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register