Surgery soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Surgery soon

I was just wondering what all the ladies in waiting are doing before they go to castle. I am getting my house clean, laundry all done, buying a new nightie, getting everything for the Easter Bunny to come, getting the taxes done and making sure I do a months worth of account ayable for DH's business. Is there anything else I should be doing??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Surgery soon

Oh my gosh....I forgot about the easter bunny!! I am doing all the cleaning, laundry, going to set out clothes for the 2 younger kids to wear for a week, trying to figure out what to take to the castle, grocery shopping for easy meals for SO to fix, etc.

If you really want to know what I am doing..........FREAKING OUT!!

Kristina
Unread 03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Surgery soon

Hi me I already did all that. LOL Got all the laundry done, cleaned the house several times, packed my bag, now just waiting to go in tomorrow. Me too FREAKING OUT IS PUTTING IT LIGHTLY FOR ME AT THIS MOMENT. I'M A BASKET CASE LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Surgery soon

I "nested". I truly acted like I was expecting to give birth. My bedside area and my "me" section of the living room became my sanctuary. I even thought ahead that I was bringing home that little pitcher that they give at the castle for water/ice.

By by bedside, on my night stand I have: SEVERAL Bible studies and journals, some books that I've started but just never quite finished, a place for a glass, the pitcher, a spot for my glasses, the stupid house phone (I don't like them, sam I am!), lots of "bendy straws" cuz they're just fun, pens, bookmarks in case I ever actually pick up any of those books that I started but haven't quite finished (it's day 5 and I haven't yet. lol), my large stuffed bear so when DH isn't there and I need to snuggle, I got it covered, my slippers are strategically placed under the bed where they can be grabbed easily, and the lamp. I think I got everything covered. To be honest, I've worn the same 2 "outfits" since I've been home, alternating between them as DH washes them, so they're just staying on top of my dresser so I don't have to bend and open the drawer.

In my "me" spot in the living room (the LEFT SIDE of the reclining love seat, which is closest to the end table and the lamp) has the lamp (duh), my journal that I write in almost every day, my hyster-sisters booklet (if you haven't gotten one, order it, it's free!), more pens, a cup to drink out of, my daytimer type book, and my Joyce Myer Everyday Bible. Directly in front of me at the coffee table is "my stack". It has hospital release instructions, a "chart" I created for the fam to see what my pain level is, when I took my last med and when I'm due again, my thank you cards so I can fill them out at will, my BP Monitor (I lie. That is actually on the floor within arms reach on the left side near the reclining handle of the love seat), my Joyce Meyer Seminar 2009 DVD's which I conveniently received in the mail the DAY I got home from the castle, in case I choose to watch them, and more pens.

I'm a bit anal, but this all works for me. Not to mention that I keep a pillow handy for the little back ache here and there, to cushion the uncomfy kitchen chairs, etc.

Now, of these things, what have I USED?

EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT, except the excess stuff on the night stand table, which I may, you never know.

My fave movie I've seen so far was "Phenomenon", even though I've seen it a million times, I love John Travolta and it was just a great experience to sit with the DH and watch it while the kiddos were at school.

Things that move WITH ME: my meds bag (little mickey mouse purse with all my meds in it), my daytimer type book and my meds chart. Other things I have DH or kiddos get when they can.

And THAT, ladies, is what has worked for me!

Now, Kristina, I've managed to capture your attention long enough for you to likely think "this woman is OUT THERE and very talkative" but I'm happy if during the time it's taken you to read this, you've stopped "freaking out" long enough to breathe and just realize, THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

Comfort to you all,

Emmy
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Surgery soon

I loved reading your reply Emmy.
I got my date today (4/27) and will be happy if I can handle the current pain status without going totally nuts before I go to the Castle.

I'm going to put some thought into where I will keep things.
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Surgery soon

Wow, Emmy!! You thought of it all!! I just hope that everything I set up before going the kids don't move the stuff on me!! I thought of one thing you didn't mention....where was the chapstik located in all this?? LOL
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Surgery soon

I have to clean off the table so I can fit all my "stuff" on it! That is what I should be doing but this forum is much to distracting! Emmy - I love Joyce Meyer, I have a few of her books. I like Joel Olsteen as well.
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Surgery soon

I packed a bag with Tangerine and White Ginger Dove, a nice lotion and nail polish and file. I was finally going to have some time to myself and wanted to make the most of it - it always make you feel better.

At home the med chart helps the best - index card works fine, but you need to write down the meds and times - the pain killers make you a little loopy and if you miss a time the first few days you will spend even longer getting back to that happy place.

Make sure you have something by your bed to help you get up - you will need it the first week - and a table for your meds and water - drink lots.

I was freaking out when I went to the hospital - the person who admitted me felt so bad for me, but everyone was fantastic and it was over before I realized it. Afterwards you can walk lots to get things moving but if nothing happens don't be afraid to ask for help - the gas pains aren't worth it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register